PDA

View Full Version : Eng/drafting program 4 computer challenged guys

fustkarr
05-06-2004, 06:38 PM
I'd like to design a set of hinges for a one piece side/rear door.[two doors wide]I have a design[i do this kind of thing for a living] but i could easter egg around for ever trying to find the correct pivot points.
Any suggestions, this would be some thing i could "adjust" the points around easily.
I hesatiate to say more and limit recommendations.
Thanks Randy

Vanner68
05-06-2004, 07:44 PM
Dodge has a single rear door with glass, very heavy, it just uses the same hinges and mointing location as the left hand rear door, same door frame, I've seen Dodge vans converted to single door. When I had my 83 Window van I was going to put the big door on the side to just for snits and giggles....

fustkarr
05-06-2004, 10:01 PM
OK,i went back and reread my first message and realized that i didn't say computer/engineering/cadcam/drafting program thats dummy friendly.I worked w/a engineer once and looked over his shoulder as he used the program, very tasty. Now i want to use one.

LuckyChucky
05-06-2004, 10:11 PM
Hey Randy,

Maybe I can be of some assistance since this is the thing I do best. Email me at freflyte@quik.com and we can talk about your wanting to learn CAD,

"Lucky"Chucky

Flatwindow
05-06-2004, 10:26 PM
Fustkarr what I would like to see also is hidden hinges for the front doors in my opinion the way the hinges stick out like that looks terrible let me know Jay

fustkarr
05-07-2004, 07:25 PM
Hey vanner 68 thanks for the reply, but im looking at a clamshell style door, possibly electric motor motivated or hyd assist., Flatwindow, i too think the stockers suck[yea, i know; sacralidge?] but there are hot rod co.s that make hidden hinge kits,hagenhotrods.com's one,and while the kits are expensive, if you break a part, you just go back to the dealer not to the machine shop.This mod. is in the future for me, just not right now.Get a copy of StreetRodder and/or Street Rod Builder/Rod Builder, lotsa ads for this stuff with web sites too.Its on the way Chucky.
Randy

fustkarr
05-07-2004, 08:04 PM
Hey Chucky, I can't get thru on the mail.Fuskarr

Flatwindow
05-07-2004, 09:41 PM
Hey thanks for the info if I try it I'll let you know how it turns out Jay

TurboVan
05-08-2004, 01:51 AM
Those ugly hinges saved my van back in the day. One of my moron "friends", wasted on 'Ludes, drove his mom's car so close up alongside my van one night that I felt the van move sideways a little.
Horrified, I jumped out expecting to see the whole right side of the van wiped out, instead, my hinges wiped out the whole left side of his mom's car!!!

TV

fustkarr
05-08-2004, 12:43 PM
Hey Chucky, Like i said "the computer challenged." My mail #

is rd400@sbcglobal.net
Randy/Fustkarr