PDA

View Full Version : EBAY WARNING

AJAX
01-24-2001, 03:57 PM
FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO NOW ME, I NEVER GET UPSET. LIFE IS TO SHORT AND AFTER FORTY SOME YEARS I HAVE ADOPTED THE POLICY OF "LET'S HAVE A BEER!" I HAVE BEEN BUYING A FAIR AMOUNT OF STUFF OFF EBAY LATELY OLD CHEVY VAN ADS, OWNERS MANUALS, SERVICE MANUALS, PARTS,THAT SORT OF STUFF. TWICE NOW I HAVE PURCHASED SINGLE SHEETS OF PAPER ITEMS FOR UNDER THREE DOLLARS. HAVE BEEN TOLD SHIPPING IS TEN($10.00) DOLLARS. WHAT A F***ING CON. THE ITEMS SHOW UP HERE IN BROWN PAPER ENVELOPES WITH A .76 CENT STAMP ON IT ALL BENT TO SH*T! THESE SELLERS WILL RECIEVE A VERY NEGATIVE RESPONSE, TRUST ME!!!!!!! THANKS FOR LISTENING. I FEEL BETTER NOW, AJAX!

tomschaner
01-24-2001, 07:19 PM
ajax i can relate to your frustrations.the one that comes to mind with me is the guy in ohio who i had purchased two van books from.some how one of the two books showed up!he too charged an outrageous price for shipping yet the package arrived all torn up with absolutely no protection for the book.i'm still waiting(its been about two years)for half my money back.unfortunately there are alot of creeps out there looking to make a fast buck at others expense.all i can tell you is review all shipping charges and comments on these people before you place a bid.this is not a guarantee on success but it definitely puts the odds more in your favor.i managed to purchase a 66 van off of your lead that was about 1100 miles from my house(to this day i'm still astonished at my luck)that it was in as good of condition as i hoped it would be in.keep the faith in people since i know first hand on how screwed up some of these cats truely are.later tom.

greyfoxmc
01-25-2001, 08:46 AM
I agree with both of you totally...You got to be real careful on the stuff on Ebay especially the shipping and handeling charges...I`ve seen items that you guys were bidding on and passed so that the price doesn`t get out of hand...I`ve also noticed that on some items you get people who seem like their just bumping the price up (a friend maybe). Happing bidding....Mike P.S. If you buy an item and can figure the weight, you can go to www.USPS.com (http://www.USPS.com) and see how much it`s really going to cost to ship it...

[This message has been edited by greyfoxmc (edited January 25, 2001).]