• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gotavan
    VCVC Member
    • Nov 2000

CaraVaning to the NATS

I really want to go to the NATS and I will be by myself, like last year. I sure would like to hook up with someone traveling from the west, Wis. Ill. Indiana Ohio, or others from Michigan. I have been thrashing on a van to take, it won't be pretty.. I had to fix some rust, the hard to fix kind.

I had to cut a trailer hitch off that was welded to the frame and bumper.

I made my own spring bushings out of ureathane.

------------------
    gotavan Dan
    still biking not vanning yet.
    gotavan Dan
    vannin since 1970
    1964 Chevy van 327 3 on tree
    1964 Chevy van 305 manual
    1964 GMC van 250 I6 powerglide
    1965 Chevy van 230 I6 3 on tree
    1967 Chevy van 250 I6 3 speed manual
  • Vanner68
    VCVC Charter Member
    • May 2000

I'm going for the whole week...leaving for the nats on Saturday the 2nd.

I'll be taking B2%B unless something happens....

Gregg Groff

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

1968 Chevy G20 108 panel Now with 454 power!

1965 Chevy G10 panel- OHC Pontiac inline 6

Comment

• Taz
      VCVC Member
      • Aug 2001

I will be leaving on June 30 or July 1st for the Nats. I will be coming from 40 miles north of Chicago. I will know more next week on the time & date I will be leaving.
      Taz!!
      Thanx
      Taz!!

Taz Van 1967 383 Stroker Dual Quads, 700 R4, 373 12 bolt Possi
      1964 Pink Floyd "Dark Side of the Moon" 350 Tuneport, 700R4
      2 - 1966 Cruis Aire Camper Vans "Only 6 made"
      1963 ford Van-up

Comment

• HD Rider
        VCVC Member
        • Sep 2002

I will be leaving from Conneaut Oh and would like to hook up with someone for the ride. Leaving on the 7th. Still trying to find best route to get there.
        HD Rider

Comment

• Joe Russin

I dont know about Ohio.Once you get to Pa the Pa Turnpike Rt76 is the most direct route across PA.If you want a slower senic route you can take route 30 across Pa.
          If you do take rt 30 be ready to take on some big mountians.Its a beutiful drive well woth the time to me.......Wookee

Comment

• HD Rider
            VCVC Member
            • Sep 2002

That 76 might be the way to go. Thanks ! Would like to do smaller roads but that would take a long time.
            HD Rider

Comment

• leadfoot
              VCVC Member
              • Jul 2001

i'm leaving here on july the 1st
              the dodge is for sale and i have the drivetrain for the future no-door project almost ready for stuffing once it's here..
              plan is if i still got the dodge i go in that..the no-door will not be ready in time so back up plan if the dodge sells is a friend got a motorhome/camper i can borrow
              just incase...but not the way i planned to get to the NATS..
              guess i'll see..but i'll be there either way
              and see what i can do about a decent spot for the earlys to park together as well
              Van iN & Van oN
              WENT to Van-iN'z

Comment

• Joe Russin

quote:
                Originally posted by HD Rider:
                That 76 might be the way to go. Thanks ! Would like to do smaller roads but that would take a long time.

When I had a late modle van to travel in we used to take all the fast ways to an event interstates,turnpikes ect,ect,....
                after you have been on one Interstate ,Turnpike they all look the same.When I got the "Beast" on the road I decided to take a new approch and to start taking the slower back roads and just cruise out to an event.I am laying out the route to Super Sommer now.It took 7 hrs traveling hiways.I figure it will take close to 10 taking the slower more scenic route.

Leadfoot I plan on being at the camp grouds on the 2nd .I just made a deal on an 77 Winabago RV.I need another project like I need a hole in my head but I could not pass this deal up.It will be a great ride for going to NASCAR races.It looks kinda nasty right now because it has been setting under trees for a long time but has a 350 chevy engine /drive trian with under 100,000 miles on it.its just broke in...LOL

Comment

• Taz
                  VCVC Member
                  • Aug 2001

It has been decided. I will be leaving on July 1st @12:00 noon. We will be traveling 8 to 10 hours (Somewhere past Youngstown Ohio)and stopping for the night. Saturday we will arrive at the Nats. I know I will be with at least 1 or 2 other van's. We will be traveling I-90 thru Chicago to I-80 and I-80 across Indiana, Ohio, Into Pennsylvania. Anyone that would like to Caravan with us just let me know.
                  Taz!!
                  Thanx
                  Taz!!

1963 ford Van-up

Comment

• BvrWally
                    VCVC Member
                    • May 2000

I have to work that day till @ 3:20 but if you wanted to stop by for the evening, I'd gladly roll the "Econo-Bar" out for the night!
                    I'm @ 50 miles North of Youngstown. 7 miles North of Rt.90. I have room for @ a few vans. give me a call at 888-797-8857!
                    BvrWally <A
                    HREF="http://groups.msn.com/vintagechevyvanclub2/bvrwallysphotos.msnw
                    " TARGET=_blank>http://groups.msn.com/vintagechevyvanclub2/bvrwallysphotos.msnw[/URL]</A>
                    http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?city=ashtabula&state= OH&address=5205+lake+road+west&zip=44004&country=us&zoom=5

P.S. I forgot to mention, I live on a private BEACH! Surfs up for VCVC members!

[This message has been edited by BvrWally (edited June 23, 2005).]
                    "Vannin...It's more than a Passin Fad!"

Comment

• Vanner68
                      VCVC Charter Member
                      • May 2000

To parphrase Twisted Sister.....

"We're not gonna make it, no we're not gonna make it...."

Due to an unforseen and serious lack of fundage operandii, I'm going to have to skip the nats this year.

Gregg Groff

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

1968 Chevy G20 108 panel Now with 454 power!

1965 Chevy G10 panel- OHC Pontiac inline 6

Comment

• Taz
                        VCVC Member
                        • Aug 2001

The time is here!! I am finaly leaving!! See everyone there!!
                        Taz!!
                        Thanx
                        Taz!!

1963 ford Van-up

Comment

• gotavan
                          VCVC Member
                          • Nov 2000

quote:
                          Originally posted by Vanner68:
                          To parphrase Twisted Sister.....

"We're not gonna make it, no we're not gonna make it...."

I was on my way last night, the van was loaded and running sweet. I stopped for gas and thats where the fun stopped. The station was full of state cops it had been burgled. I was ready to pump and the guy says were closed. I tried to start and Dead battery. I looked underneath and oil everywhere transfluid hemorrage I was 3 1/2 hours on the road it was 1:30 AM I needed a battery. One of the cop's asked if I was a deadhead (plate on front of van) I told him I went some of their concerts and he tells me he likes their ice cream!! geez

------------------
                          gotavan Dan
                          ABORT ABORT my trip to the NATS was a failure I broke down near Hell Mich. I have made it home safely, but extreamly bummed.
                          gotavan Dan
                          vannin since 1970
                          1964 Chevy van 327 3 on tree
                          1964 Chevy van 305 manual
                          1964 GMC van 250 I6 powerglide
                          1965 Chevy van 230 I6 3 on tree
                          1967 Chevy van 250 I6 3 speed manual

Comment

• Tnicean
                            VCVC Member
                            • Aug 2001

Sorry to hear that Gotavan. Glad you got home safely.
                            Tnicean

Comment

• SAVAGE
                              VCVC Member
                              • Feb 2004

Dan ,You figer out what happened to your van ??? Sorry you didn't get there .Tom
                              Tom

Comment

Working...
                              X