• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • smiley
    Administrator
    • Apr 2000

'66 Sportvan for sale

Another van for sale via an email I received:

"Some more info on the van. I've put on a new exhaust, replaced all the ignition components, repaired a cracked exhaust manifold and replaced the muffler. I bought a rochester monojet carb on eBay and install that also. It's a great improvement over the carter. The tranny is great, but the pan gasket leaks. I thought I had it fixed this fall, but after I parked it for a month, I looked underneath and behold, a puddle. Everything works except for the original radio (yes even the gas gauge and license plate light). It passed Missouri inspection in November. These pics were at my brother's farm before I did anything to it.
    Currently, the interior is gutted, but I do have an original rear seat (only one) and most of the trim panels. I think only two are missing.

I'll be glad to answer any more questions you may have. I know I could pull the tranny and put in a 350 turbo that I have in the garage, but I really want to see someone get this that will be true to it. I love the old vans, but I just have too many cars in the driveway. Thanks for your response, Smiley. You have a great site.

Thanks,
    Jim"

Here's a link to the pics: www.vcvc.org/66misc5.html
    The dog in the photo did not give his consent to being ditributed on the internet, so his face has been blurred to protect his right to privacy. -Smiley

[This message has been edited by smiley (edited February 23, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by smiley (edited February 23, 2001).]
    1966 Chevy Display, "Southern Belle"
    1968 Chevy, "Blue Overdose"
Working...
X