PDA

View Full Version : wheel

rustovan
01-10-2001, 12:26 AM
Now that my engine problem has been sorted out, anyone have a set of wheels for this fine ride they are interested in selling? Just a little tidbit on my van. I bought the van to use as transport for my atv. It fits in there perfectly with room for a cooler and any necessary camping supplies. I also plan on hauling a small atv tralier behind it so a friend can go along. I will try and get some pics up when the snow thaws up a little. She's tarped right now so the snow does'nt dampen my spirits, and doors and top and windshield. (few patches take care of that). I may be rambling, but with my engine size sorted out, I have a new found passion for her. I want it to run. I'll be in phoenix for a few days away from computer, I'll check back in on Monday.

[This message has been edited by rustovan (edited January 10, 2001).]

Vanner68
01-10-2001, 08:45 PM
What sort of wheels are you looking for? stock, factory rallye, or aftermarket mags?

Lurchnred
01-10-2001, 09:13 PM
Hey I am new to this van craze.Justwondering what bolt pattern these little vans run.Just purchased a 64'its on its way from WVa.original NC van has been up there bout a year.Also saw a few articles on small block vans.Guessing big block would'nt be much harder-any info?
Thanks

------------------
Joe

painterchris
01-11-2001, 08:41 AM
Hey,
These vans have the same wheel lug pattern as the chevy passenger cars from the same era. The bolt pattern IS NOT THE SAME AS THE PICKUP TRUCKS. So, if you are looking for wheels, tell the shop that it is the same bolt pattern as the mid-60's impalas.
LAter,
Andy.

smiley
01-12-2001, 07:45 AM
The 1964-1970 Chevy vans use a 4-3/4" bolt pattern. It's a very common pattern with older aftermarket wheels. Try to stay away from "unilug" wheels if possible though.

Lurchnred
01-13-2001, 11:33 PM
Thanks alot guys.I've got a set of 15x8 vett rallys.any experience on how these work out?If so what size tires work best.Any clearance problems?Dont have my van home yet but Im getting prepared.

------------------
Joe

greyfoxmc
01-14-2001, 06:58 AM
Before I bought my `66, I had a `79 vette with factory aluminum wheels,255/60/15 tires. Sold the car but kept the wheels/tires. They fit perfect on the van with complete turning radius, no tire scub front or rear...Hope this is of some help...Mike...PS...The wheels are 15" by 8"

[This message has been edited by greyfoxmc (edited January 14, 2001).]

Vanner68
01-14-2001, 03:15 PM
Check out the photo gallery, you'll not only find several vans running vette rallyes, but you'll see that they look great on the van as well!