PDA

View Full Version : In The News Today

TurboVan
01-23-2007, 09:57 AM
...Officials said the two 13-year-old boys were approached by two men in an 'older model white van' in front of a Camarillo school and asked if they wanted candy.
The boys said no, and then the men asked if they wanted to make a movie. The boys fled...

Guess I better drive the Honda today!

TV

Rcollins
01-23-2007, 11:05 AM
Last summer i drove my dads '66 around with a sign in the back that said "I have candy" just as a joke between me and some of my friends. guess i should take it down. http://www.vcvc.org/ubb/rolleyes.gif

graphikwerks
01-23-2007, 11:40 AM
I bet older model means 80's or 90's. You are probably safe, but I bet more than one kid has been abducted in a Hondo too.

When I was in high school, my friends and I used to pull up by kids and yell "Hey kids, want some candy!?!" and then speed off laughing. I wouldn't do it now even if I were still in school.

We used to do donuts and peel out in grass too, and some local kids are going to court for that too. There aren't such things as harmless pranks for kids, everything is criminal now and everyone wants to press charges. If you get caught an apology and payment for the damage should be a lesson in itself.

------------------
GraphikWerks
65 Sportvan Deluxe, 67 Sportvan Custom

weard-harold
01-23-2007, 01:28 PM
good thing i don't live in Camarillo any more.

Photonix
01-23-2007, 04:12 PM
Yeah,During the Sniper panic around here in DC/VA I had a white van and got lots of wide eyed stares from people. Vans do get a bad wrap. Ted Bundy drove a VW Bug.