Rockwest
01-23-2011, 07:08 PM
Burnout still photo

Rockwest
01-23-2011, 08:19 PM
Doggie!!!

Rcollins
01-24-2011, 07:25 AM
Damn man the van looks hella good. great job on it. loved the burnout video too. Your german shepherd is gorgeous by the way! we've had shepherds my whole life. Ours just passed away a few weeks ago at the ripe old age of 11. we just bought another GS puppy too that is about 14 weeks old now I think. as afar as I'm concerned they are they greatest dogs in the world.
RC

Rockwest
01-24-2011, 09:28 PM
Hey Rc yeah thats my shepherd, she is my best buddy in the world, she is 9 soon, and is my 3d shepherd, I dont think I can handle the day I lose her...

Wookee
01-24-2011, 10:33 PM
A statement I like to use allot is."You don't look like you type".
for what ever reason the money you dropped on this van when you bought it, the amount of work you put into it.I had you pictured in my feeble brain as an older vanner.....
Beautiful PUP......
Nice Camaro.

Correct me if I am wrong here.
this is the van doing the burn out before the repaint.......

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v304/wookee10358/rockwestvan.jpg

...........Wookee

Rockwest
01-25-2011, 05:00 AM
Wookee, yes that is the same van, and yes I paid a lot for it, but I do have a reason. I have been restoring vehicles my whole life, cars, boats, motorcycles, you name it, and one thing I learned at a very early age is if you are going to keep something for years to come there is no such thing as paying too much for a rust free California body, and I will stand by that as long as I live. In my mind the price is cheap versus the time it takes to try to properly repair rust, and you still would never wind up with the same quality as a no rust vehicle. All 3 of those cars in the photo never had any rust. The T/A is from Texas, but I have owned it here in South Florida for almost 2 decades. Even my little 78 Honda is an original no rust car from California. I have seen many people spend more on repairing rust than they could have just bought a really nice rust free car of the same model for, and it never made sense to me. but anyway I hope that answers your question. To sum it up "I hate rust!" (laughing).. oh and I am probably older than you think I look it that photo. I have never really considered myself as a vanner, although I had had vans since I could drive, but probably mostly due to the fact that my original profession was cabinetry and it more or less required me to have one. Now its just hard to imagine not having one. I have slept in them, camped in them, traveled in them, partied in them, passed out drunk in them, you know the normal stuff... Oh and most people think I look like a cop from Chicago, but I consider myself a car builder...... Rock

Rockwest
01-25-2011, 05:13 AM
Here is another pic of the Z28

Wally Gator
01-25-2011, 08:39 AM
Rock , You have great taste !!!! the Red Chevy is a twin to my '65 right down to the color , chrome mirrors & Center Lines ... I also had a '79 Z-28 in the same color w/ Turbine wheels ... living in Fla. you have a year round weather to play w/ toys ... Envy and Enjoy....... Wally Gator

Charles Linsenbarth
01-25-2011, 10:17 AM
Now you guys done went and done it. That gold truck was (is) my dream van.
Some day if I ever find the right one thats the look.
Charley
PS--Like the red but that gold was so cool to me.

Wookee
01-25-2011, 04:03 PM
Rock,belive me I am not knocking you for what you paid for that van.I have followed that van since it first poped up here on Ebay in the for sale section.You bought the van got to drive it figure out what you wanted and made the van yours.That is what vanning is all about.
Yes dealing with rust is a giant PINTA.The Beast has been in MD it's whole life.It still has all of it's original rocker panels.(thank you Ziebart),The trouble spots around the gas hole would have been solid but the van was hit in that area and the wannabe body man pop riveted a steel panel in place and buried it in Bondo.......
Those years Camaros and T/A's did not survive very well here if they where driven year round.you do see them at a cuise night if you talk to the owner it was a well cared for car of imported from a better climate.

Have fun with your outstanding fleet.........

.........Wookee

Rockwest
01-25-2011, 08:37 PM
photoshopped!!!!!!

Bear
01-26-2011, 06:18 AM
right on ROCK you are spot on target. my next van i want is a 66 sport deluxe and i will get out from a no snow state in either restored state or org due to it,s location. you can never pay too much for something that you want and makes you happy. iwish i had got a restored or super clean driver to start with i have a 1970 and a 1966 both work in progress. i sold my 1969 108 that ran and drove but i wanted 90 in w/b life takes us in many diff places along the way on projects but i will get mine done.

back2thewoods
01-26-2011, 09:32 AM
lovin what you did to your van, burnout was great!! your shepherd is beutiful!! i have a 9 yr old shiloh shepherd, and just brought home a 9 week old from pa. being sponsored as a breeder. sheps are the best co-pilots!!

Rockwest
01-27-2011, 09:55 AM
neon doggie!!!