PDA

View Full Version : Drag link

gotavan
10-03-2002, 05:38 PM
Has anyone bought a new one? Are they available. I'm still fixing my old ones by welding good ends on. could one be made up by geting tie-rod ends and threading a tube like making a mini tie rod to replace the drag link.

------------------
gotavan

Vanner68
10-03-2002, 08:25 PM
Hmmmm.....
How about Heim joints? 3/4" on stainless steel allthread should work....

leadfoot
10-04-2002, 05:58 AM
the MOOG # DS887 is a good # for a draglink
but i havn't found anyone that can get one ordered yet...may try MOOG myself today
VAN~On

vannman67
10-04-2002, 09:35 AM
Good work Leadfoot. I just found my parts list and was going to post the same info. I bought a new one for my van about ten years ago from a parts supply house in Portland. It was about 65 bucks. My suggestion would be to just start calling around and maybe someplace has one still sitting on the shelf.

Yeggster
10-11-2002, 02:56 PM
# DS887 Moog or Federal Mogule Part Number

Far as I can tell guys that's the center link from a C10 and C20 pickup truck (1967-70) and won't fit the vans.

Can anyone verify this possibility ... i tried at my locl parts place but they were cluless....

one thing they DID tell me (which makes me think it's NOT for the van) is it's available for regular order ($146 list too)

Yeggster

leadfoot
10-11-2002, 03:16 PM
not sure but a possiblity i'm sure
--a friend who works for "Monroe"
gave me the part # but also said it was "unavailable"
checked 3 or 4 local parts stores
all said "no listing" or "not available"
-my problem turns out to be kingpins
-got my kit today....going to tackle next week-
will keep looking for the drag link though
-it's the only part that isn't new under the front of my van (other than the steering box)
....i just like my vehicles with NEW parts to start out with,done drums,shoes,wheel cyl,hoses,radiator,heatercore,front shocks,tie rod ends,wheel bearings,fuel pump,water pump,-
new kingpins,and carb float are next
-oh yeah and a drag link -when i find one lol
thanks for the input
VAN~On