PDA

View Full Version : off topic football

planetvear
01-22-2012, 08:00 PM
well, i have bitten my fingernails down to the bitter bone! the patriots vs ravens game was a memorable one for sure. my heart raced and my nerves frazzled every minute of that game. i personally thought the ravens did an outstanding job all the way around. if not for the bad field goal kick, the game could have had a very different ending.
my congratulations go out to the patriots for the win, and my congratulations go out to the ravens for an extraordinary effort. for those of us whom follow football on the east coast, this was a do-or-die contest. now it is on to the superbowl. go pats! john

bowtied
01-22-2012, 08:47 PM
GO 9ers! They're back and heading to the bowl for sure to put a thumping on that pretty boy!

Jerry

MoonJoe
01-22-2012, 09:19 PM
And from this life long Ram fan, BOOOO! ;) Lol, good luck guys!

gregw98
01-23-2012, 03:06 AM
I believe the 49ers would have made for a better SuperBowl against the Pats. I think their defense would have killed The Brady Bunch. So we now have a SuperBowl rematch right. Didn't the Giants beat New England a few years ago ---- and a few weeks ago too? Gotta put for our hometown boy. Eli's coming, better hide your heart..

Wally Gator
01-23-2012, 05:10 PM
My sincerest R-E-S-P-E-C-T to the Ravens Team , We all watch this crazy war game for entertainment during the long winter , and that was one game that held your attention !!!!! If you wrote a movie and put that ending in nobody would believe it !!! Tom Terrific is pretty banged up at this point in the season , the defense that has been a no-show the last few games finally came to life !! NY vs Boston AGAIN !!! Now comes pay back time !!! Remarks ?? WG

Wookee
01-24-2012, 08:10 AM
I am new to the whole football watching thing.I have never really been a big stick and ball sports type of person.
I do however enjoy watching the Ravens play football.I also know that they made some costly mistake during this game.The neat thing is this team is still building its self up.there is a big improvements from the way they played last year.That being said if they want to go farther they will have to improve some more.......
I feel as though they went as far in the play offs as they should have went........

.........Wookee

planetvear
01-24-2012, 05:50 PM
the ravens have a very bright future joe. they are a young team with alot to look forward to. keep watching and learn the ins and outs of the game. i see a superbowl in your future. john

ron bonomo
01-24-2012, 07:28 PM
I am a Pats fan,,,have been most of my life,BUT i hate to say it but i think the Giants are gonna beat the Pats again...and as for the Ravens they will go all the way next year.
Ron

gregw98
01-24-2012, 08:35 PM
Next year, the Super Bowl will be in New Orleans. Hopefully, the Saints will be a contender again next year. If your team makes it to the Big Game, you owe it to yourself to get to New Orleans for the game. You don't need a ticket, you will probably have more fun on watching it on Bourbon Street, plus you get to save yourself $1500 for not having a game ticket. If the Saints make it to the Super Bowl in New Orleans, the lid will come off of that dome. Come on down, it will be an experience that you will never forget or never believe.

MoonJoe
01-24-2012, 11:46 PM
Next year, the Super Bowl will be in New Orleans. Hopefully, the Saints will be a contender again next year. If your team makes it to the Big Game, you owe it to yourself to get to New Orleans for the game. You don't need a ticket, you will probably have more fun on watching it on Bourbon Street, plus you get to save yourself $1500 for not having a game ticket. If the Saints make it to the Super Bowl in New Orleans, the lid will come off of that dome. Come on down, it will be an experience that you will never forget or never believe.

One of these days I'll be there to watch the Rams play. I travel to a different city each year to watch them..(mostly lose these days) I was there once the year after Kat. Really cool town! Loved the bbq'd oysters at ACME! mmmmmm!

gregw98
01-25-2012, 02:15 AM
That would be Charbroiled oysters. I love Acme Oyster House.

Wookee
01-25-2012, 07:20 AM
I would love to see a CofC's meeting held in NOL.......
That might be a van event close enough for Greg to drive too..........

If the Ravens could get there offensive line line as strong as there defence is, and Cory Smith could hold onto the football a bit better(his 1st year)the Ravens could go all the way.
I love going to a bar and watch them play.The Ravens really upset the died in the wool football fans.As far as entertainment factor goes the Ravens are number 1 in my book.......

..........Wookee