• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KevinNW
    New Guy
    • Feb 2012

looking for early project

first off my profile was just verified so hi all kooky told me about the site quite some time ago but anyway! im looking for a early to transform into a scooby doo mystery machine van , the correct year is 66 but other years are okay , i dont mind a fixer upper but something good to start with is nice , let me know if you got anything! thanks!

kevin
  • Charles Linsenbarth
    Certifiable Vanatic
    • Nov 2007

I don't think I would sell you one of mine if you where going to build it to look like a Mystery Machine, I think that maybe against VCVC rules. You need a Ford Van to build a F.E.M.M.
    But welcome to the Club!
    Charley
    Crazy840

Comment

• KevinNW
      New Guy
      • Feb 2012

Woops..sorry guys , checking out the rules now!

Comment

• dream weaver 65
        VCVC Member
        • Mar 2007

scooby ugh

we have an ohio guy clarence not a member that fills that spot sorry but welcome weave

Comment

• Charles Linsenbarth
          Certifiable Vanatic
          • Nov 2007

OK! Then I do have a really SWEET 64 Panel runs and drives like a dream but she can't never be a Scobby she's a girl.
          Charley
          Crazy840

Comment

• BvrWally
            VCVC Member
            • May 2000

Clarence's Van along with mine. The "Scooby Style" has been OVERLY done in my opinion. Why would anyone want a Van that looks like other's????
            "Vannin...It's more than a Passin Fad!"

Comment

• Wookee
              VCVC Member
              • Oct 2002

Chester's Mystery Mach9ine is sporting some nice body mods under the Mystery Machine logos

The best thing about this van is it was a father /son project

..........Wookee
              Its a "van thing". A life style you have to live to understand!!!!

Comment

• Rich Van Linkel
                VCVC Member
                • Apr 2000

If you look past the paint job, this is really a beautifuly built van. KevinNW, if your interested, I have a nice 75 panel for sale, and I don't care if you paint it like the mystery machine. Check it out in the gallery under members rides.
                Rich

Comment

• Kustomizer
                  VCVC Member
                  • Nov 2007

[QUOTE=Rich Van Linkel;I have a nice 75 panel for sale[/QUOTE]
                  Rich, how much are you asking for it? You can PM me if you'd rather.
                  1970 Chevy Sportvan 90 - "Dazed and Confuzed II"
                  Lakeville, MN

Comment

• kookykrispy
                    VCVC Member
                    • Oct 2002

Hey Kevin, Welcome to vcvc! So glad you made your way back here. It was great meeting you and your Dad.

I live in Parkland... I'm really into these vans. I have two 1st gens, a '64 thats a daily driver, (the orange one you saw), a '65 resto-hotrod-'musclevan' project, and a '65 sportvan for parts. The sportvan I have for parts could be rebuilt, so I might consider selling it... but it sounds like you are looking for a panel. I also know of another early panel that is rotting under a tree that might be for sale... you just need to talk to the guy and offer him enough to get him to let it go.

I'll PM you with my phone number, give me a call anytime!

If I hook you up on a van, you just have to promise to not paint it like the 'scooby van' because that is just wrong!

There are two 2nd gen vans on Craigslist right now for $1000... but I prefer the 1st gen personally.

64' wikivan 292 tripower/4 speed/2.56 posi
                    '64 Red Baron no engine/trans
                    '66 "Lucky" 230/3 onda tree/project.. soon to be 400SBC/200r/3.73 posi

Originally posted by Vanner68
                    Remember, they're still printing money, but they aren't making any more earlies!

Comment

• kookykrispy
                      VCVC Member
                      • Oct 2002

Its in Boise, but it supposedly runs and drives. 3 hours left and its pretty cheap:

64' wikivan 292 tripower/4 speed/2.56 posi
                      '64 Red Baron no engine/trans
                      '66 "Lucky" 230/3 onda tree/project.. soon to be 400SBC/200r/3.73 posi

Originally posted by Vanner68
                      Remember, they're still printing money, but they aren't making any more earlies!

Comment

Working...
                      X