• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jammersspeed
    New Guy
    • Feb 2012

New guy from Herman Mn.

new here to the site and to chevy vans.... i have been a car / hot rod / harley guy my whole life. my dad had a '68 chevy van when i was about 8 or so and have had a soft spot for them ever since. a few days ago i came up with the chance to pick up a '64 no side door chevy van from Arizona , with a '66 chevy parts van so i bought them. i pick them up this next week and look forward to playing around with them. i was looking for some info on them and came across this site , and thought this would be a good place to check out some other vans and meet some other people who love them! thanks, jamie (aka...jammersspeed)
  • pappy59
    VCVC Member
    • Feb 2011

welcome to the forum...pap
    '69-90" 400 hp 454(RAT TRAP)

Comment

• dream weaver 65
      VCVC Member
      • Mar 2007

jammerspeed

welcome best early spot to be all the info you need and then some!!!!!!!!!!! weave

Comment

• planetvear
        VCVC Member
        • May 2006

welcome to another member from the snow belt. you are in luck because the van nationals are in wisconsin this year and you will be able to drive there easily to look at a ton of vans for ideas and guidance.
        look around the site and you will find many photo's and conversations about just about anything early chevy/gmc van related. post some photos and tell us about you van(s) when you get them. welcome aboard! john

Comment

• Kustomizer
          VCVC Member
          • Nov 2007

Jamie, welcome from another Minnesooootan!! I live in a south suburb of Mpls. so if you're in the neighborhood drop me a PM. Do you come down to any shows in the cities ever? It would be fun to park a couple of vans together at a local show. Unlike other parts of the country these vans are almost non-existent here and draw a lot of attention.
          1970 Chevy Sportvan 90 - "Dazed and Confuzed II"
          Lakeville, MN

Comment

• summerluvvan
            VCVC Member
            • Sep 2002

Jammerspeed,

Welcome! I'm a native Minnesotan, from Minneapolis. Welcome to the board.

Please post pics as soon as you get to AZ.

- Dave
            - "Bertha": 1968 Chevy Van 108, 250L6, 3 speed manual, full window option, 5000 lb. GVW rear springs, 3.36 differential, jump seat

Comment

• panelmanrd
              VCVC Member
              • Oct 2009

welcome

welcome to the site, from another missourian.
              54 chevy panel truck 355 tpi 700r4 325/9in
              64 chevy 90 5.7 tpi 700r4 336 8.2
              69 chevy panel van 5.7 tbi 700r4 336 8.2

Comment

• photou2
                Van Addict
                • Mar 2011

welcome

hey where abouts did you get the vans ,i live in gilbert here in the valley ,you might not want to go back home its so nice here , weather wise lol send me a line

kenny

Originally posted by jammersspeed View Post
                new here to the site and to chevy vans.... i have been a car / hot rod / harley guy my whole life. my dad had a '68 chevy van when i was about 8 or so and have had a soft spot for them ever since. a few days ago i came up with the chance to pick up a '64 no side door chevy van from Arizona , with a '66 chevy parts van so i bought them. i pick them up this next week and look forward to playing around with them. i was looking for some info on them and came across this site , and thought this would be a good place to check out some other vans and meet some other people who love them! thanks, jamie (aka...jammersspeed)
                kenny z

Comment

• Star Dreamer
                  VCVC Member
                  • Jun 2011

Welcome to the site from another Minnesotan, (We are down near Rochester). Have a safe drive drive down to get the vans and have fun working on them, they are a blast. Dave
                  1978 Chevy Van Full Custom - "Star Dreamer"
                  1965 Chevy Van Radical - Barn find, just found June 2011

Comment

• gregw98
                    VCVC Member / Moderator
                    • Feb 2002

Welcome Jamie. Okay, I'm confused, where is Herman Mountain? Only one I see is outside of Bangor, ME and everyone is talking about Minnesota. I know its not Mt. Herman, LA (pop. 1965) because everyone there drives a pickup truck or a tractor and they won't ever let you leave.
                    1965 Chevy Sportvan

"He who can reanimate the old and make it new is fit to be a teacher."

Comment

• Star Dreamer
                      VCVC Member
                      • Jun 2011

LOL, Mountain is usually abbreviated Mtn. MN is for Minnesota. Probably the biggest Mountain in Herman Minnesota is their landfill. Herman, Minnesota is near the Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota borders in Western Minnesota. It has a population of 437 according to the internet!

Originally posted by gregw98 View Post
                      Welcome Jamie. Okay, I'm confused, where is Herman Mountain? Only one I see is outside of Bangor, ME and everyone is talking about Minnesota. I know its not Mt. Herman, LA (pop. 1965) because everyone there drives a pickup truck or a tractor and they won't ever let you leave.
                      Last edited by Star Dreamer; 02-29-2012, 06:01 PM.
                      1978 Chevy Van Full Custom - "Star Dreamer"
                      1965 Chevy Van Radical - Barn find, just found June 2011

Comment

• planetvear
                        VCVC Member
                        • May 2006

herman mountain, maine is just an hour away from me. used to be a ski area there but i think it's closed now.

Comment

• Kustomizer
                          VCVC Member
                          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by summerluvvan View Post
                          Jammerspeed,

Welcome! I'm a native Minnesotan, from Minneapolis. Welcome to the board.

Please post pics as soon as you get to AZ.

- Dave
                          What part of Minneapolis are you from Dave? I grew in south Minneapolis
                          1970 Chevy Sportvan 90 - "Dazed and Confuzed II"
                          Lakeville, MN

Comment

• summerluvvan
                            VCVC Member
                            • Sep 2002

Jammerspeed,

I wish I knew! I was born in the U of MN hospital. My parents were grad students, and from pictures I have seen we lived in what I would describe as projects, but they were probably married student housing. I guess the answer is "on campus". My parents moved away to pursue their postdocs when I was maybe 1 1/2, and I've only been back a couple of times on business. I don't think my parents have been back at all, except maybe for my Mom when her Ph.D. thesis adviser won the Nobel Prize.

Anyway, I spent my first winter there, and I attribute my love of cold weather and snow to being a Minnesota native!

- Dave
                            - "Bertha": 1968 Chevy Van 108, 250L6, 3 speed manual, full window option, 5000 lb. GVW rear springs, 3.36 differential, jump seat

Comment

• gregw98
                              VCVC Member / Moderator
                              • Feb 2002

Alright now, Jamie, did you change your profile from "mtn" to "mn". If not, I must be losing my mind.
                              1965 Chevy Sportvan

"He who can reanimate the old and make it new is fit to be a teacher."

Comment

Working...
                              X