PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Calendar request

kookykrispy
05-05-2012, 08:44 AM
My workplace has become uber-sensitive and we all received a bunch of federal government mandatory training about sexual harrassment... Anti-harrassment posters are now posted on the walls with an 800 number to call if you feel you are being harrassed.

As a result, they do not want anything that can be considered even remotely offensive so now all calendars with girls are not allowed. I'm sure it was not from my vcvc calendar specifically, but the rule came about from other guy's calendars showing bikini models, cheerleaders, etc. However, this new policy now resulted me no longer being able to display my vcvc calendar in my office :(

There is one month, I think it is July that has just the photo of vans cruising on the road and no girls... so that month is OK to display in the office.

I know it sounds lame... trust me. I agree it is quite lame. But this is just how it is in 2012 I guess.

Whoever is photo'ing the pics and putting together the calendar for next year, please keep this policy in mind. I am probably not the only one with a workplace like this.

m1dadio
05-05-2012, 09:18 AM
what ever happened to the old days when harass was two words?

The truth is the girls in the office where I work make no secret about checking out all the guy's buns.

lvjjj
05-05-2012, 09:40 AM
To be fair, and politically correct, maybe men shouldn't be shown either, just vans

smiley
05-05-2012, 12:30 PM
So far, the 2013 calendar is shaping up to be an all-nude-vans-only extravaganza.

Wally Gator
05-05-2012, 05:45 PM
Kooky , The thing that bothers me and I blame it on the Advertising Industry is that men are treated like Idiots!! Like in all the TV Ads and programs EX; Every One Loves Raymond (except his wife that treats him like dirt) !!! Any commercial that degrades a working guy is S@#$% in my book and the product will not be bought with this Rank and File guy's $$$$ WG
My workplace has become uber-sensitive and we all received a bunch of federal government mandatory training about sexual harrassment... Anti-harrassment posters are now posted on the walls with an 800 number to call if you feel you are being harrassed.

As a result, they do not want anything that can be considered even remotely offensive so now all calendars with girls are not allowed. I'm sure it was not from my vcvc calendar specifically, but the rule came about from other guy's calendars showing bikini models, cheerleaders, etc. However, this new policy now resulted me no longer being able to display my vcvc calendar in my office :(

There is one month, I think it is July that has just the photo of vans cruising on the road and no girls... so that month is OK to display in the office.

I know it sounds lame... trust me. I agree it is quite lame. But this is just how it is in 2012 I guess.

Whoever is photo'ing the pics and putting together the calendar for next year, please keep this policy in mind. I am probably not the only one with a workplace like this.

Space Truckin
05-05-2012, 07:44 PM
Welcome to a kinder and gentler America ! This is what we have now that sheeple drank the cool aid and elected the community organizer we call president .Obviously not the great country we grew up in when you have the President of the USA going around and apoligizing to the middle east geeks for any and everything they deem wrong with America . Very sad indeed

smiley
05-05-2012, 08:14 PM
All politics aside, it was time for the calendars to take a break from the ladies anyway.

planetvear
05-05-2012, 08:28 PM
stop displaying the vcvc calender at your workplace. the calender "models" that are "portrayed" within our vcvc calenders are far from nude or in any way displaying anything that even an ant would find offensive. these are our wives, daughters and girlfriends whom love our vans as much as we do. my kids look forward to the yearly calender since their mom has been a "model".
what is wrong with this world is that people are bowing to this kind of crap. we are slowly erroding our freedom of speech and expression to a point where our calenders are offensive? that is ridiculous to me.
i know that we don't discuss political issues here, but i think most of the members here like to see other members vans displayed with a happy face to accompany our beloved rides. our calenders have been very tasteful in their presentation and i feel that i have to stand up here and support the effort and format we have used over the years. sorry for any offense, just my opinion. pv

jrinaman
05-05-2012, 10:38 PM
All politics aside, it was time for the calendars to take a break from the ladies anyway.
smiley? did amie make you say that? your really letting me down. i think all nude is the way to go. maybe 2 calanders this year?

dream weaver 65
05-06-2012, 07:23 AM

comeon bob lets not bend to these politically correct a**holes it's bad enough we have to put up with the corrupt goverment god bless the tea party we need a revolution !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! weave

BvrWally
05-06-2012, 08:41 AM
comeon bob lets not bend to these politically correct a**holes it's bad enough we have to put up with the corrupt goverment god bless the tea party we need a revolution !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! weave
This had ought to "Satisfy" you for a bit??????? :) Enjoy!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqwNCbwwhWQ

smiley
05-06-2012, 10:50 AM

I don't bend to anyone. The way that we're going about getting vans and photos for the 2013 makes it complicated to get models in all the photos. Unfortunately, I can't jet off to each van that will be featured and many of them cannot make it to the Nats. That was ultimately the deciding factor for the All Nude Vans calendar.

smiley? did amie make you say that? your really letting me down. i think all nude is the way to go. maybe 2 calanders this year?

Amie will be the first one to tell ya, she can't make me say anything.

Wookee
05-06-2012, 12:14 PM
I have been heading up the VCVC calendar for quite a few years now.
I will be stepping back from this project this year.
I will still be taking and submitting pictures.
Sales, printing,and all the necessary leg work to pull this off for next years calendar will be taken on by a newer member here.
Smiley will be doing the page lay out.He did a great job last year.

To date out 2010 calendar was the best selling calendar.100 calendars where sold.

This year we we are still 25 shy of that.

I have gotten complements from both male and female vanners that our calendars are very taste full.
Not only do we have great looking vans we have great looking wives and girl friends
The last ALL VAN calendar 2009 barley sold 50 copies.Even with very aggressive internet sale
The are numbers are still down for this year.

I will not even touch political correctness or "Cubical Creature" ethics.......

Kooky IF you can't display one of our calendars at work ....well I feel sorry for you.
Go the local Ace Hardware and get a free one in December.
If you get lucky there might be a nice picture of a hoe in it some where

........Wookee

AutomaticAmie
05-06-2012, 12:25 PM

I don't bend to anyone. The way that we're going about getting vans and photos for the 2013 makes it complicated to get models in all the photos. Unfortunately, I can't jet off to each van that will be featured and many of them cannot make it to the Nats. That was ultimately the deciding factor for the All Nude Vans calendar.

Amie will be the first one to tell ya, she can't make me say anything.

jrinaman,
i was all for the all nude calendar! lol....and smiley is being honest....i can't make him say anything and i don't do anything without his ok when it comes to the club and all aspects of it.

Wookee
05-06-2012, 01:19 PM
Another very discrete picture from this years calendar

shame less plug......
I can still get calendars if you 2012 missed the first sale

.......Wookee

ron bonomo
05-06-2012, 05:22 PM
as for me,,if there is nudity in the calender wooooohooooo...if there is not nudity in the calender woooohoooo..either way I am buying a calender,because I support our hobby/addiction.thank you that is all
Ron

kookykrispy
05-07-2012, 12:50 PM
Before someone else feels the need to make another flip comment about my workplace or what calendar I should display there, please read this:

Some of you may have no idea where I work, or what I do for a-living.

When I deploy with my unit to some backwards 3rd world hell-hole in Afghanistan next year, I'd like to bring the vcvc calendar.. so I can remember our club and how great the vanning hobby is, and cross off each day I am gone until I return home to the U.S.

If a calendar is in accordance with U.S. Defense Department EO/POSH (equal opportunity/prevention of sexual harrasment) policy, I am allowed to display it proudly hanging on a nail in my tent, or hooch, or wherever they have us living for the year I will be deployed.

The military of today is much different than it was only a few years ago. There have been major policy changes and now we have people serving in the military who were not allowed to serve previously. There was a certain highly controversial policy that was recently 'repealed'. With these policy changes, now comes a much heavier focus on EO/POSH. With the anonymous victim advocate complaint system now in place and the 800 number on all the anti-harassment posters, you won't have any idea who got 'offended', but you will know that somebody was offended when you get in trouble for violating the policy.

I don't have to agree with the military's new policy, I don't have to like the new policy, and I certainly did not have anything to do with making the new policy... but I do need to follow it, along with all the other thousands of soldiers in the military and everyone else working in the federal government. The shape of today's military demographics is a reflection on what we as a country and our elected leaders collectively decided we wanted the military to be.

Its not about if the photos are 'tasteful' or not... that really doesn't matter. The rule is we are not to display anything that 'objectifies' women... (or men, but that's not usually the problem)... they made a blanket ruling that covered everyone, so all calendars/posters/pin-ups with girls had to come down, regardless of the level of dress/undress.

I know for a fact that I am not the only vcvc member who works in a DOD/Government/Military environment.

Anyone who wants to can PM me with comments about my workplace or the calendar issue.

Wookee
05-07-2012, 03:15 PM
I am pretty sure this picture from last years calendar is what Smiley is calling a Nude picture.

I also do apreciate /respect all that our sevice men and women do for us.

......Wookee