PDA

View Full Version : Got new shoes and socks

Space Truckin
05-06-2012, 08:55 AM
Finally after 5 weeks got the springs and bushings , king pins sorted out . Got her new shoes and socks . Went with 225/60/15 frt and 255/60/15 rear w 4" back space , they tuck in really nice . I have to tell anyone listening that after doing all the suspension work ( king pins, springs and shocks ) she drives like she has power steering , even with a 13" steering wheel . The stance is just perfect now .
Next up is a complete brake overhaul :-)

BILLS66
05-06-2012, 09:07 AM
space truckin,your van looks beautiful ,paint ,wheel and tire comb,very nice! Bill

Bear
05-06-2012, 09:20 AM
very nice looks GREAT

bowtied
05-06-2012, 09:22 AM
What Bill said.....that baby's teets!

Jerry

66NO-DICE
05-06-2012, 10:37 AM
I sure am jealous. Your van is beautiful. Love the paint.

Space Truckin
05-06-2012, 11:01 AM
I sure am jealous. Your van is beautiful. Love the paint.

15 year old paint , it is absolutely amazing the depth it still has :-) On a side note it a lot of black :-(

Wookee
05-06-2012, 11:36 AM
Van looks great!
I would loose those mud flaps......
Just by looking at how straight those sides are I can tell this van has led a pampered life.

A tight rebuild front end does make a big difference how these old girls handle.

.......Wookee

planetvear
05-06-2012, 11:48 AM
st, great to hear you got that all sorted out. if it were easy, everybody would be doing it. are you going with front discs? pv

Space Truckin
05-06-2012, 01:22 PM
Van looks great!
I would loose those mud flaps......
Just by looking at how straight those sides are I can tell this van has led a pampered life.

A tight rebuild front end does make a big difference how these old girls handle.

.......Wookee
Wookee ,
I don't like the mud flaps either ( fugly ) , wanted to see how wheels tucked , they will be gone ! Can't say enough about the suspension work , it is absolutely amazing how well she handles / drives like a dream .

Space Truckin
05-06-2012, 01:38 PM
st, great to hear you got that all sorted out. if it were easy, everybody would be doing it. are you going with front discs? pv

No it isn't easy considering the ability to source correct parts for a 45yr old step child , but the effort paid off in spades !! She handles / drives superb . Right now I am just going to replace everything from backing plate out with everything NEW . Will do disc conversion at a a later date ( have M1dadio brackets ) . There are a few car shows here in SoCal I would like for her to attend to see what kinda reception she gets ,curious to see if people can appreciate the vans as much as we do .

ron bonomo
05-06-2012, 05:08 PM
wow that looks really good nice job.
Ron

Kustomizer
05-06-2012, 06:01 PM
Those wheels look great!!!

leghorn
05-07-2012, 12:40 PM
Nothin like traditional tire/wheel combo. Right down to the Raised White letters.

gregw98
05-08-2012, 12:15 AM
Possibly the best looking van on this site, at least in the top five. Gotta love those RWL tires

planetvear
05-08-2012, 06:13 AM
yes greg, that finish is stunning.

AutomaticAmie
05-08-2012, 09:52 AM
What a van!

BvrWally
05-08-2012, 11:19 AM
No it isn't easy considering the ability to source correct parts for a 45yr old step child , but the effort paid off in spades !! She handles / drives superb . Right now I am just going to replace everything from backing plate out with everything NEW . Will do disc conversion at a a later date ( have M1dadio brackets ) . There are a few car shows here in SoCal I would like for her to attend to see what kinda reception she gets ,curious to see if people can appreciate the vans as much as we do .
SPace Truckin........I just now noticed the grill inserts you have on the front end. I had something similar at one time, when I was running a 307cu engine to the 4th Nationals in Kentucky. I burnt that engine up, due to restricted air flow, due to the grill! Just a thought, and thought you should know!

Space Truckin
05-08-2012, 12:39 PM
SPace Truckin........I just now noticed the grill inserts you have on the front end. I had something similar at one time, when I was running a 307cu engine to the 4th Nationals in Kentucky. I burnt that engine up, due to restricted air flow, due to the grill! Just a thought, and thought you should know!
BW , the previous owner did the grill inserts , all I did was powdercoat them "nearchrome" ( originally black ) . He also reconfigured the belly pan into a "scoop" to help draw more air in . If you look at picture you can see scoop near passenger tire . Thank you for the heads up , now I will keep my eye on temperature gauge :-)
Space Truckin

Wally Gator
05-09-2012, 03:39 PM
BW , the previous owner did the grill inserts , all I did was powdercoat them "nearchrome" ( originally black ) . He also reconfigured the belly pan into a "scoop" to help draw more air in . If you look at picture you can see scoop near passenger tire . Thank you for the heads up , now I will keep my eye on temperature gauge :-)
Space Truckin

Space , Looks great !!! Get the biggest thermostat that will fit (850 on my straight 6) and add some "run cool".. It really works !! Also about the "flaps" I got some small aluminum units that really keep the road grime from shooting all over the sides of the rig... You want to keep that shine ... Happy Trails , WG