PDA

View Full Version : need help in what i should do

Bear
06-12-2012, 11:09 AM
i am thinking about putting my 1966 no-door for sale don,t really want to but here,s deal this past april i got hit wile parked wateing to pick up my kid from school. some ass clown driveing a telphone pole truck was pushing his way down the street at school let out time and per the police report he hit me to avoid hiting another car head on, i have been one hurting mess since.so after 2 MRI.S my left shoulder has full thickness tear in my roator cuff and it gets better yesteday he told me c-5 verterbray is blown out and leaking on my nerves needless to say this SUCKS ASS. i guess i,m looking for what you guys think my 66 is worth. i got a bult 283 chevy that is a 302 now bult 350 trans with a 3500 stall conveter.the v-8 dog house non installed all ready to go.the out side body work all done the inside needs to be cleaned up and painted. the van also has a 12 bolt rear end i don,t know the gear ratio tho. i got so much invested in my 1970 4x4 project i could take the money from the 66 and hire out things that need to be done on that project. i don,t know what to do please help me out with what way to go.

Vanner68
06-12-2012, 01:27 PM
Are you selling because you need the cash, or because you feel your back won't allow you to enjoy the ride?

Bear
06-12-2012, 03:26 PM
health reason and when its all said and done they will end up cutting me open and who knows what the end result will be.i got half a working shoulder now from 2 x being cut on it,s all getting me down on working on anything,money you ask no i,m like every one else i buget for my vans.and i guess if i sold the 66 all funds can be invested into the 1970 4x4 project.i got the neck news yesterday did not except that it,s just got me down rt now bumed rt out.doc told me you need to take it easy its bad and he did not expect it either.you know it seems like once everything gets going rt for me i get sucker punched from behine.

66NO-DICE
06-12-2012, 04:55 PM
Sorry to hear about your health issues, but if you are selling your van, "mainly" because of your current physical condition, you might want to wait until after surgery or therapy before you make a mistake or at least an emotional decision. You might find yourself 100% healthy with no, no-door van. Now that is depressing.

Vanner68
06-12-2012, 04:55 PM
Well, I would see if a family member is interested in it first, if not- then someone here would want it.

If you don't think you can finish it that's better that letting it rot. (yeah, like I'm one to talk- I parked mine in 99 and just now getting back at it.)

gregw98
06-12-2012, 05:51 PM
I'd wait. Just do a few of the little inexpensive things that you can right now and as things improve, you will bget a better idea of your capabilities. On the good side, you may make a 100% recovery, on the bad side, you may have to get a pro-shop to installed power steering in your van. Also, get second and third opinions before going under the blade. You need time to heal.

Wookee
06-12-2012, 06:36 PM
The "Beast" sat for better than 4 years until i got my heath issues straightened out.
The good thing about these old girls is.They don't eat don't talk,and really do not mind sitting.
Some times life can throw a few unexpected curve balls at you.
Weight out all of your options.
Good luck to you which every way you decide to go.......

........Wookee

Bear
06-12-2012, 06:39 PM
thanks guys and greg no truer words spoken on power steering that would be all around good for all of us ageing members.i,m just down in the dumps last few weeks i,m non recponce to doing any thing. i feel like bill murry in groundhog day there all the same nothing changes and thease doctors get in no hurry to run tests only to make sure there paid.it took from 4/3/12 to last week thursday till i got the MRI on my neck that was my chef complant. been doing P/T since early may telling the girl it hurts my neck wile she has me do the left shoulder work out.most of you know my rt shoulder been cut on 2 times had 3 full thickness tears in it.the doctors put a life time restricon on no over head use.i tell her that and she says who and why? wanting me to do things i can,t.the thing about my rt shoulder is any long term use it swells clunks and pops and hurts like a tooth ace.it has a keyload scare inside with help from my son on lifting and thing i could do things but pace my self if i did to much i would quit for a few days or longer.this neck thing realy worries me i start P/T for it tommrow i hope it works.

planetvear
06-12-2012, 07:59 PM
bear, come to the nats and we'll help you forget, even if just for a little while. sorry to hear that things are a bit tough right now. pv

pan58head
06-12-2012, 08:36 PM
Bear, hold onto your no door, don't listen to doctors they always tell you the worst. In 1998 I received a back injury and was told that I would never work, never ride my harley, not much of anything. The first year I believed them and set around the house feeling sorry fro my self. Then I said F%$# it and started riding and building stuff again. I have bad day and good days, just got figure what works and what don't work. Bob

Bear
06-12-2012, 09:39 PM
your rt panhead thats how i have lived my life since 2006 i,m kinda of a freek the way i,m made one thing is good in a way and bad in another i have don,t feel pain like most people whats a 5 on a scale of 1 to 10 is a 2 or 3 to me i tend to hurt my self that way.but thinking about it more the biggest thing wrong with me is they tell me in the past no more going under the knife unless it life or death.reason is i guess a normal person has a will say smiley face in there throut mine is a U they can.t get the tube down me rt.my wife told me on the 2nd time on my rt shoulder and i rember a lot of it cause they did it wile i was awake put a neddle through my windpipe to make it aline. the doctor was shitting him self telling them there were killing me.and with that said i hope P/T helps it.i went a week in a half ago to get the MRI on my neck and freaked out when they put the collar on my neck it bought back all those mermorys on the O/R TABLE long of it i had go back and be darted with meds so i could get the test.thanks guys this was help full i will keep my no door for now.let you know how it go,s with P/T in a few weeks