PDA

View Full Version : thank you to our hosts

planetvear
07-18-2012, 07:51 PM
we have been all gushing about our experiences at the nats this year and i wanted to start a thread to thank dairyland vanners for the warm welcome and superior care we received over that week. i made some great friends with their members and can't even begin to describe how welcome my family and i felt. on a scale of 1 to 10, that event shined in every way and was an 11. the accomodations were superb, plenty of power and water for all, ice was always there when you needed it, trash disappeared overnight, security was ever-present and the bands were great. that event was the hilton of van-ins.
thank you taz, jill, pat, rd, pam, michelle and all those whom made our experience such a memorable one. i hope i can return the favor someday.

SteveC
07-19-2012, 06:01 AM
I'd just like to mirror what PV said about our hosts. When I arrived at the gate on the Tuesday, they all seemed to know who I was! They were all very friendly and helpful. Taz gave me the tour of the site that morning, on the golf cart, before dropping me off at the VCVC campsite. They were always willing to help, always offering to get me lifts back to my hotel - very open and approachable, but also professional at the same time.

SteveC

Kustomizer
07-19-2012, 09:46 AM
I agree, Dairyland did an outstanding job!

BvrWally
07-19-2012, 09:55 AM
Ditto that for sure!!!!! :)

Wookee
07-19-2012, 10:14 AM
Having only missed one Nationals since the 33rd in Pa.
I have to agree that this was the best run, best organized, Nationals I have attended so far.
Great job Dairy Land Vanners........

.........Wookee

AutomaticAmie
07-19-2012, 06:58 PM
It was great!

Vanner68
07-19-2012, 08:40 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Ow7FXxohX9o/TZI12jTUZtI/AAAAAAAAChE/p-o0vjpbn74/s1600/ThumbsUpSmiley.jpg

zwett
07-19-2012, 10:48 PM
Since we got our van I've met lots of folks who use to own a van like ours and all of them have been cool folks. Must be something about these old vans.

lvjjj
07-19-2012, 11:03 PM
Since we got our van I've met lots of folks who use to own a van like ours and all of them have been cool folks. Must be something about these old vans.

zwett, there is definitely something about these old vans. We just got back from a week's camping trip and just about everyone slowed down to look when they were going by our campsite. Some stopped to look it over, and some walked right up to our campfire to ask me about the early (love it when they do that). What amazes a lot of them is the fact that the early is capable of pulling our 22' travel trailer. It's just so different looking and really stands out among all the same old looking new pickups. Sure helps us meet a lot of nice folks that we wouldn't normally talk to.