• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vanstuff
    New Guy
    • Aug 2012

Wanted 64-6

Wanted 1964-6 Chevy van,low miles,rust-free,original factory paint,unaltered,unrestored.Does one exist? Thanks, SteveO, 508-340-9675
  • bowtied
    Certifiable Vanatic
    • Jun 2008

If you're waiting for a 1st gen survivor which I believe you are, you'll need a ton of patience. If you find one there will be loads of competition in the bidding. These vans didn't get stored or babied, they were work vehicles for the most part and treated with anything but loving care. I hope you're not discouraged but unfortunately this is reality.

Jerry

Comment

• planetvear
      VCVC Member
      • May 2006

your best shot would be the van in the back of the firehouse that was used as an ambulance, rescue unit or fire company support unit. there are also a few that come up from time-to-time that are time machines.
      be prepared to wait and pay a premium. all of us on this site are waiting for the same opportunity. welcome to the forum. i am just a hop and skip north of you. stop by if you are in the area. pv

Comment

• kookykrispy
        VCVC Member
        • Oct 2002

welcome Vanstuff aka SteveO..

Most 1st gen vans will need a ton of work just to get them daily-driveable.

You're probably not ever going to find a first gen van in primo condition like you've described. These vans were worked hard, never garaged, abused and usually junked. That is why they are now pretty rare to find in any condition.

64' wikivan 292 tripower/4 speed/2.56 posi
        '64 Red Baron no engine/trans
        '66 "Lucky" 230/3 onda tree/project.. soon to be 400SBC/200r/3.73 posi

Originally posted by Vanner68
        Remember, they're still printing money, but they aren't making any more earlies!

Comment

• 66NO-DICE
          VCVC Member
          • Mar 2002

SteveO,
          They do exist. There are plenty are barns accross America. I was lucky enough to find one in AZ. Rust free, nothing cut into the roof, i.e. vent, sunroof, no dents for $1600.00. So.......The moment you find the van..........BUY IT!! or someone else will. I live in FL, the shipping cost was $1000.00, but buying a rust free, dent free, survivor, is the thing that people are most impressed with. People will someday look at all the work you put into your van and say " you bought that, rust and dent free?" WOW!!

Comment

• dream weaver 65
            VCVC Member
            • Mar 2007

finding early

i sold my 66 about 20 years ago because of family health issues. looked for another for 11 years found the 65 by chance (it's a long story) but a big score orig. low miles so yes they are still out there .good luck weave

Comment

Working...
            X