PDA

View Full Version : Ideas from those of you with more experience

Rodneyachance
09-30-2012, 05:04 PM
I need some ideas from those of you who have spent years noodling with these vans.
I had a buddy in high school who had a van like this and I've always wanted one. Messed around and found this one about a month ago. It is a 69 and has a pretty fresh small block and a 700r4 trans. It is a mild performance motor that I frankly don't know the specifics about but it has a polished aluminum intake, a recent Edelbrock carb and headers that dump into those sidepipes (with NO baffles or mufflers, I'm afraid.). Not rust, body is decent.
I would like to build a project once in my life where I had clear idea of the finished product BEFORE I started yanking things off or bolting them on, only to change directions halfway along.

I would like a daily driver that performs well, steers like car instead of a lumber wagon and is cool outside but not a radical custom. I'm a middle-age, boring guy and am not looking for a funny car paint job or a 12-inch chopped top, cool though they sometimes are. I love lowered stuff but cannot afford 5000 dollars' worth of air suspension and 4000 tubbing the thing. I like unusual but not weird, if that makes sense.

Most of you must have things that you wish you'd known before you started and other stuff you would like to see done. I appreciate any and all ideas and opinions including those I may not agree with.

gregw98
09-30-2012, 06:56 PM
Don't know why, but your van already looks lowered. There is really not much room to lower these vans. But if you are looking for the unique and unusual, just drive that van around and you will get more questions, 'thumbs up' horn honks, and waves than you can believe. Too everyone here, we don't feel like they are rare (just look at the Earlies For Sale section). But everywhere you drive the van, people either ask, "What is that?" or "Where did you find that, I haven't seen one in 25 years". Fix it up, make it fun, and enjoy the heck out of it.

BTW: It will never handle like a car. Wait, I take that back. it'll handle like a Model T.

Rodneyachance
09-30-2012, 07:33 PM
Don't know why, but your van already looks lowered. There is really not much room to lower these vans. But if you are looking for the unique and unusual, just drive that van around and you will get more questions, 'thumbs up' horn honks, and waves than you can believe. Too everyone here, we don't feel like they are rare (just look at the Earlies For Sale section). But everywhere you drive the van, people either ask, "What is that?" or "Where did you find that, I haven't seen one in 25 years". Fix it up, make it fun, and enjoy the heck out of it.

BTW: It will never handle like a car. Wait, I take that back. it'll handle like a Model T.

I was afraid you'd tell me that about it steering like a Model T;)
You answered a question I forgot to ask Greg; what can I fit under this thing for tires and wheels? You are correct, the previous owner took a leaf out of each spring to lower it (and gave them to me with the van) but it doesn't look like you can fit much tire under the front.
I am surprised that these old things get attention the way you describe but I bought it because it wasn't another 68-72 Chevy pickup. Those are great but they're like belly buttons.

Wookee
09-30-2012, 07:44 PM
1st, welcome to our forums.

Personally I think the stance is perfect.
The show tube style side pipes also help to give the van a lower looking stance.
While most that have not driven one of these vans much are a little intimidated/over whelmed by there ride.
I can tell you for a fact If the front end it good and tight and the front springs where dropped correctly.the ride while different from a coil spring car.
Is not bad once you get used to it.
a good set of radial tires the correct size and with will make a big improvement in how the van drives and handles.
Back space on the wheels are also important
Replacing and worn tie rod eds and king pins,spring bushings will also help out the ride.Each improvement will be noticeable.
once you get the front end tightened up and aligned correctly you will not have to touch it aga8in for many years
Because of the steering box location and the factory box tube uni body frame you can't just stick a Camaro sub frame under these vans like the panel truck guys.
How ever if you have very good fabrication skills an A arm front suspension could be added.

Your skill set has a lot to do with these Vans.
Members of these forums have built some outstanding vans in there garages in there back yards.

Not sure who's side pipes you have there might still be baffles available for them.
I had a friend who ran a set Doug Thorley "Show Tubes",On his LWB Dodge Van with out baffles.It made his 318 sound really good.
IF these side pipes are not for you a nice custom bent dual 2 1/2 inch system with a set of flow masters and the tail pipes exiting behind the rear of the back wheels will also sound really SWEET.

Mow many Model T's do you know that can embarrass Mustangs at a red light?

..........Wookee

smiley
09-30-2012, 07:46 PM
Firstly, I agree completely with what Greg said about it getting attention. It will definitely do that.

It sounds like your van is already set up in a manner that will make many here jealous. A good running SBC and a 700R4 will be a great, streetable combo. There's a lot of work that's gone into that van already to get it to that point. If you don't have much to deal with in the way of bodywork, you are much more ahead of the game than you realize. Most early owners' "wish lists" would include starting off with a van in the stage that yours already is. If I had that van, I'd design an interior, pick out a paint scheme, and go.

Almost any wheel and tire combo will work. It seems to me that regardless of the width, many prefer a tire that fills out the wheel well nicely, or else it looks kind of empty under there. 14" and 15" wheels are most common, but there are a few around running larger than that.

I'd get it looking like you want, then consider other mods like disc brakes and so on.

smiley
09-30-2012, 07:48 PM
Don't know why, but your van already looks lowered.

It does look like there's been some work to lower it already, judging by the front wheel. Maybe just some spring work?

A 108" with side pipes looks lower than stock too.

sandyvan
09-30-2012, 08:15 PM
What do you guys call it when you put the front axle on top of the springs versus underneath, flipping? Maybe that was done too. For some reason the front wheel and tire look really tall to me. I've got 15's and about 4 inches of clearance between the top of my front tire and the rim of the wheel well.

Your van looks awesome as is, I like side pipes. If you are happy with those wheels you're almost done with the exterior, start thinking about the interior.

sandyvan
09-30-2012, 08:17 PM
Oh, and I was going to say, you might want to either chrome your existing mirrors, or get some smaller custom ones. But then you'd have holes to fill...

dan65
09-30-2012, 08:22 PM
get rid of that big giant tire/wheel in the front wheelwell.

go one/two sizes smaller Than you have in back.

try it, you"ll like it.

if not, we'll refund your money.

: ^ )

Rodneyachance
09-30-2012, 08:25 PM
Firstly, I agree completely with what Greg said about it getting attention. It will definitely do that.

It sounds like your van is already set up in a manner that will make many here jealous. A good running SBC and a 700R4 will be a great, streetable combo. There's a lot of work that's gone into that van already to get it to that point. If you don't have much to deal with in the way of bodywork, you are much more ahead of the game than you realize. Most early owners' "wish lists" would include starting off with a van in the stage that yours already is. If I had that van, I'd design an interior, pick out a paint scheme, and go.

Almost any wheel and tire combo will work. It seems to me that regardless of the width, many prefer a tire that fills out the wheel well nicely, or else it looks kind of empty under there. 14" and 15" wheels are most common, but there are a few around running larger than that.

I'd get it looking like you want, then consider other mods like disc brakes and so on.

That is very encouraging. Because my skill set, budget and available tools are limited I felt I should start with a van that had SOME parts finished. When I saw a new aftermarket radiator and trans cooler I felt that the guy was trying to do it right.

I found baffles for sidepipes on-line and will probably go ahead and get a set ordered. It sounds cool but it's a bit much. And the old Berlinetta wheels and tires have got to go away. It is sounding like 14s in front and a fairly small 15 in back, wheels TBD?
I have a feeling I am going to start a fight on here but I really want to get rid of the external door hinges. I talked to a street rod guy on Saturday and he can do it. I feel that just that would make a huge difference in cleaning up the outside regardless of the "theme" or finished product. It will undoubtedly be expensive but am I nuts for wanting those gone?

Wookee
09-30-2012, 08:25 PM
Actually there are nice stainless steel heads that will bolt right on to those mirror legs.

Here is a picture of a van with a flipped front axle

Rodneyachance
09-30-2012, 08:33 PM
Actually there are nice stainless steel heads that will bolt right on to those mirror legs.

Here is a picture of a van with a flipped front axle

Damn, THAT stance I like!

planetvear
10-01-2012, 07:56 AM
use 15" wheels front and rear. just use a smaller tire on the front.

kookykrispy
10-01-2012, 08:22 AM
I really want to get rid of the external door hinges. I talked to a street rod guy on Saturday and he can do it. I feel that just that would make a huge difference in cleaning up the outside regardless of the "theme" or finished product. It will undoubtedly be expensive but am I nuts for wanting those gone?

I would focus on other areas before doing goofy custom body modifications. You may think that looks good, but the next guy who owns your van will probably wish you did not do that. How about just rebuild the hinges so the doors close nicely? Think very long and hard before deviating from stock, and then tread lightly. We are the stewards of classic detroit iron and it is only original once.

The right rims, tires, exhaust tuning, suspension rebuild, disc brakes... lots of other areas to focus on that will have much more payoff.

14's up front look cool with 15's out back, and M1Dadio has a disc brake conversion that will fit on most aftermarket 14" rims. Go for it if you like the look. I like how 14/15's look. I run 14/15 slot mags on the wiki van:

http://turboninjas.com/gallery/d/53726-2/DSC08369.JPG

Mbasaraba
10-01-2012, 10:10 AM
Welcome to the site!

You will get a lot of "Do this" and "Dont ever do this" but all they are are opinions. For ever guy that hates modding these classics you will find one that loves it. Its all about taste and if it is a serious restore you will find plenty of both willing to buy. Hell the Mystery Machine Econoline sold for $22,000 recently and that was enough to make me gag.

One thing to think about is in all actuality you will never get back out of these what you put into them. Stick $10,000 restore on it, you might get $5000-8000 (if your lucky) so I dont base anything I do on our van for resale. After all the blood sweat and tears, why would you want to sell it anyways? And trust me, you will have all 3.

As for steering, I was actually very surprised at how nice it turns and handles. Yeah it isnt a Ferrari or something, have you ever driven a 65 Cornet 440? Lol that is a flipping TANK! If you are wanting to take it to the Dragon at Deals Gap, well, you're a braver man that I! Takes some getting used to but these things really WHIP in the front end as my wife found out this weekend after driving her 66 for the first time. She is not tiny but she isnt a muscle woman either and she had no issues with the turning wheels even when sitting still. Sway bars make a HUGE difference as do tires that are not excessively wide.

Do what YOU want to YOUR van. You might get some frowns but you will never get turned away for it. I think the shaved hinges is a great idea, would love to do it myself. Gull wings would be even better in my opinion, but I am younger (38) and so go for more radical mods.

Rodneyachance
10-01-2012, 10:25 AM
Welcome to the site!

You will get a lot of "Do this" and "Dont ever do this" but all they are are opinions. For ever guy that hates modding these classics you will find one that loves it. Its all about taste and if it is a serious restore you will find plenty of both willing to buy. Hell the Mystery Machine Econoline sold for $22,000 recently and that was enough to make me gag.

One thing to think about is in all actuality you will never get back out of these what you put into them. Stick $10,000 restore on it, you might get $5000-8000 (if your lucky) so I dont base anything I do on our van for resale. After all the blood sweat and tears, why would you want to sell it anyways? And trust me, you will have all 3.

As for steering, I was actually very surprised at how nice it turns and handles. Yeah it isnt a Ferrari or something, have you ever driven a 65 Cornet 440? Lol that is a flipping TANK! If you are wanting to take it to the Dragon at Deals Gap, well, you're a braver man that I! Takes some getting used to but these things really WHIP in the front end as my wife found out this weekend after driving her 66 for the first time. She is not tiny but she isnt a muscle woman either and she had no issues with the turning wheels even when sitting still. Sway bars make a HUGE difference as do tires that are not excessively wide.

Do what YOU want to YOUR van. You might get some frowns but you will never get turned away for it. I think the shaved hinges is a great idea, would love to do it myself. Gull wings would be even better in my opinion, but I am younger (38) and so go for more radical mods.

Haha, gullwings are cool for you kids but I they are a bit beyond the pale for me. I worked at a Lamborghini dealership in the late 80s/early 90s and used to sit on the door sill and steer the Countaches I drove around the place. If the door hydraulics quit you were about trapped in those cars because the doors were so heavy.
I have messed around with old cars long enough to know that cars are (generally speaking) the world's worst investment. If I spent 10k building one and got back 6000 I would consider a good day. This is all about having fun.

Mbasaraba
10-01-2012, 10:41 AM
There is a fiberglass replacement door for side and back that is super lightweight. I wont do it, was just saying I like it. ;)

It is amazing what you can get away with with some of the hard core "Vanners". Great guys but you start painting it blue and green like the Mystery Machine and you might get a late night soap beating like the guy on Full Metal Jacket. However, you go paint Willy Nelson head shot 5 feet tall on the side and those same would buy you a beer. Lol

Love that dropped look by the way. How does it ride, not steer, but ride? Does it feel like it hits extra hard? Our 66 has stock ride height but the front end feels like a Pogo stick in the front over large bumps. Not a slam hit but more of a recoil "boing". Thought about pulling a leaf from front and back on the 66. Tammy is rather short and has to HOP up, would be nice if it was a little easier for her to get in. She is dainty but has some "Junk in the Trunk", which is awesome, but (no pun intended) would be easier for her to slide past the wheel if it was a bit easier for her to step into.

((Sure glad she doesnt read the forum me talking about her a$$ in public! LOL!!))

BvrWally
10-01-2012, 10:56 AM
I GW'd my 90 back in 1978 and have never regretted it! Lightweight and has nitrogen cylinders for the lift. Great shade in the summer at shows! Matchstick Customs in Kentucky is currently manufacturing these.
http://www.matchstickcustoms.com/
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd191/BvrWally2/Van%20Natz%202008/VanNationals2008003.jpg

Rodneyachance
10-01-2012, 11:13 AM
There is a fiberglass replacement door for side and back that is super lightweight. I wont do it, was just saying I like it. ;)

It is amazing what you can get away with with some of the hard core "Vanners". Great guys but you start painting it blue and green like the Mystery Machine and you might get a late night soap beating like the guy on Full Metal Jacket. However, you go paint Willy Nelson head shot 5 feet tall on the side and those same would buy you a beer. Lol

Love that dropped look by the way. How does it ride, not steer, but ride? Does it feel like it hits extra hard? Our 66 has stock ride height but the front end feels like a Pogo stick in the front over large bumps. Not a slam hit but more of a recoil "boing". Thought about pulling a leaf from front and back on the 66. Tammy is rather short and has to HOP up, would be nice if it was a little easier for her to get in. She is dainty but has some "Junk in the Trunk", which is awesome, but (no pun intended) would be easier for her to slide past the wheel if it was a bit easier for her to step into.

((Sure glad she doesnt read the forum me talking about her a$$ in public! LOL!!))

It sounds silly but I haven't driven it enough to give you any idea how the ride is. I bought it and the guy delivered it a few weeks ago and haven't moved it from the driveway. The tires on the front are too wide and rub. I bought the van with the understanding that the wheels and tires were just to get it around the yard.
I have been reading magazines, looking at photos, talking to people, reading everything I could on-line and sitting in the yard staring at the thing so that I could put together a plan before I started the thrash. It starts and runs well, there isn't a lot of rust or body damage so the question becomes "What do I do first?". I can't write a check to a shop for 10 grand and tell them "Have at it!". I want a driver that can be used as a van but updated as much as possible. I have owned and driven enough old cars that you won't hear me talking about the "good old days"; those of crappy drum brakes, no power steering, rebuilding engines every 70k, tires lasting 10,000 miles and the like. Maybe I need to start underneath the front and talk to my guys about flipping the axle to get it lower. I really like the way that looks in the picture in this thread. that and replacing anything necessary while it is apart. Mdadio has the disc brake conversion but I'd like to hear from someone using it since he says it changes the steering geometry a good bit.
Anyone have a disc brake conversion experience?

Rodneyachance
10-01-2012, 11:15 AM
BTW I live in South Carolina so although that big long roof is begging for a Confederate flag, I'll probably go a different direction.

Mbasaraba
10-01-2012, 11:41 AM
I got the brackets from him but havent installed them yet or gotten the rest of the parts. I would say you are on the right track though.

I would say the brakes and refreshing the suspension would be my number 1 thing to start on.

Bearings, lines and everything on the rears.

All fluids including the rear end and new u joints.

Most of this stuff is fairly inexpensive pieces and gives piece of mind.

Next I would look at fuel delivery system.
Tank, lines etc.

Another GREAT mod is going with Fuel Injection over the old 1 barrel.

Here is a thread on it.. http://www.vcvc.org/showthread.php/19853-overhaulin-vanner-style

or go with the 2 barrel motorcraft if you dont want to go as far as the FI.

If it doesnt have it, HEI (electronic Ignition) is inexpensive and great results.

I would look at all the mechanical and as you are "Rooting" around it, things will pop in your head like "AHH I should do this or that". Write them down, think about it, other ideas might come from those.

smiley
10-01-2012, 11:57 AM
There are three different disc conversion options. I installed the better of the two smaller styles. It didn't change the geometry or handling at all.

Rodneyachance
10-01-2012, 12:43 PM
There are three different disc conversion options. I installed the better of the two smaller styles. It didn't change the geometry or handling at all.
Three from him? If so I am emailing him as soon as I hear from you. Time for this to get real.

Rodneyachance
10-01-2012, 12:55 PM
I got the brackets from him but havent installed them yet or gotten the rest of the parts. I would say you are on the right track though.

I would say the brakes and refreshing the suspension would be my number 1 thing to start on.

Bearings, lines and everything on the rears.

All fluids including the rear end and new u joints.

Most of this stuff is fairly inexpensive pieces and gives piece of mind.

Next I would look at fuel delivery system.
Tank, lines etc.

Another GREAT mod is going with Fuel Injection over the old 1 barrel.

Here is a thread on it.. http://www.vcvc.org/showthread.php/19853-overhaulin-vanner-style

or go with the 2 barrel motorcraft if you dont want to go as far as the FI.

If it doesnt have it, HEI (electronic Ignition) is inexpensive and great results.

I would look at all the mechanical and as you are "Rooting" around it, things will pop in your head like "AHH I should do this or that". Write them down, think about it, other ideas might come from those.

Here's the new deal in the last three hours; I had already called a wrecker to take it to have the hinges shaved but when I went to start it, it acted like it was out of gas. Then the throttle linkage came undone. So instead of the street rod shop, I had it towed to my regular mechanic and asked him to get it running but to call me when it was on the lift. He did and I am just back from there.
The good news is that the motor and 700r4 tranny look great. It had a vacuum leak which repaired the no-start issue. The previous owner fabricated a very nice rear trans mount and the installation,u-joints and all look good with a couple exceptions. The overdrive switch hasn't any wire to it so that went on the list.

The front end looks pretty good since when they removed the single leaf from each corner they were kind enough to replace the u-bolts.
My mechanic says he can flip the axle on top of the springs and do the discs if I will get him brake parts. So that starts today.
remove the too-wide 15s on the front and when the thing is lowered I can get serious about wheels. BTW I hope to lower it AND keep the sidepipes which he and I think are bitchin'. Am I the only human left who thinks things are 'bitchin'"?

Anyway he is doing exactly what you suggested about the list. The battery mount needs some attention, it starts with a key and a pushbutton so the button needs to go, that sorta thing. Anyway his work will kill this week and probably longer depending on disc brake availability. Plus he'll find a million little things to put on the list.

Also, that couple weeks will give me the chance to make money enough to keep this ball rolling. Isn't that most hot-rodder's biggest challenge?
So....we are off and running.

Wookee
10-02-2012, 10:39 AM
IF you are going to do the flip.You will need the extra spring the previous owner took out.
The biggest problem with lowering these vans too much is you set above the wheel wells.Tire diameter and wheel back space are key when setting up the front end.It also puts the axle close to the box tube frame rails.
These vans run the same bolt pattern wheel as Chevelles Novas and Camaros of the same year.5 on 4 3/4 bolt pattern.Finding a good looking set of wheel should not be a problem
It sounds like the PO also did not install the lock up converter correctly.On the over drive trans.
There are a couple of kits out there that will allow you to do this correctly.
Removing the cab door/ cargo door hinges is a pretty big job.
This will require somebody with a good bit of fabrication skills to pull this trick off.
Most early van owner will not do this mod because of the amount of work required to pull it off.(me included)
These hinges can be re pinned and chrome plated for a good look.

.........Wookee

Rodneyachance
10-02-2012, 10:56 AM
IF you are going to do the flip.You will need the extra spring the previous owner took out.
The biggest problem with lowering these vans too much is you set above the wheel wells.Tire diameter and wheel back space are key when setting up the front end.It also puts the axle close to the box tube frame rails.
These vans run the same bolt pattern wheel as Chevelles Novas and Camaros of the same year.5 on 4 3/4 bolt pattern.Finding a good looking set of wheel should not be a problem
It sounds like the PO also did not install the lock up converter correctly.On the over drive trans.
There are a couple of kits out there that will allow you to do this correctly.
Removing the cab door/ cargo door hinges is a pretty big job.
This will require somebody with a good bit of fabrication skills to pull this trick off.
Most early van owner will not do this mod because of the amount of work required to pull it off.(me included)
These hinges can be re pinned and chrome plated for a good look.

.........Wookee

Standing under the van I can see what you mean about the front end. It looks like I need a wheel with a lot of backspacing to pull the wheels further toward the center. M1dadio's brake kit says it may move the wheels outboard a bit so that has to be taken into consideration as well. I am studying all that now. And my mechanic says he won't have a problem wiring the OD correctly. He does race car stuff too so he has experience.

My body shop buddies best guess-timate to lose the hinges was around $2000 for the whole van. I want that done but it'll have to wait until I have upgraded brakes and the steering is set. Flipping the front end seems simple mechanically (on paper) but I assume much more technical to do it right to get the truck to drive correctly.
So I am gathering info on front discs from M!Dadio and CPP who someone else suggested. I had no idea that even THAT would require replacing the brake master cylinder and some lines.

I will do some things that some guys here would not choose to do on their vans but I am pleased to be enthused about a car project. I haven't felt like this in a while :/

Man I do love that orange paint of yours! But there's one here already so we'll worry about that waaaay down the road.

Mbasaraba
10-02-2012, 11:15 AM
The brake bracket comes with a parts list for NAPA but I am not finding some of the part numbers to pull up on their website. I rather use Advanced Auto anyways since I have one really close to the house.

I am actually going to start this conversion and these are the parts I am picking up.

Just for reference on the bigger parts from Advanced Auto...

Calipers for 1980 K10

SLC553 and SLC552

Rotors for 1970-1974 Nova

YH141039

Master Cylinder for 1969 Chevy G20

10-1329

Vanner68
10-02-2012, 01:20 PM
So far your wish list is tasteful.

As far as wheels, you can't go wrong with slots or Cragar S/S.

And you already have the most wanted drivetrain.
Just go over the boring maintenance items and you'll be in good shape.

Rodneyachance
10-02-2012, 01:47 PM
So far your wish list is tasteful.

As far as wheels, you can't go wrong with slots or Cragar S/S.

And you already have the most wanted drivetrain.
Just go over the boring maintenance items and you'll be in good shape.

It would be interesting to do a fairly contemporary exterior with a retro wheel. Cragars are one of the few accessories that looks as good now as they did 30 years ago.

Vanner68
10-02-2012, 02:20 PM
As you may see by looking at pics of vcvc vans, there is a mix styles. No one will bag on you for mods, well except for Mystery Machine clones. That's a love it or hate ot thing around here.

Rodneyachance
10-02-2012, 03:08 PM
As you may see by looking at pics of vcvc vans, there is a mix styles. No one will bag on you for mods, well except for Mystery Machine clones. That's a love it or hate ot thing around here.

Makes me think that as much as I love old Mopars, you couldn't make me take a General Lee Charger at gunpoint. I imagine the Mystery Machine evokes similar feelings.

65campervan
10-02-2012, 04:14 PM
I agree that removing the hinges would clean it up. BUT...Back in high school a taxi ran a red light in front of me, I swerved to the right to miss him, That put me headed at a gas station at about 50 mph! A little too much to the left. Now van is laying on passinger side sliding at about 25 mph! right into oncoming traffic. slid right up within 10 feet of first car of many that I was now blocking in rush hour traffic. I was now standing with my head out of the drivers window and standing on my poor cousin Steve in the pass. seat! We were both OK, I was trying to climb up out of the drivers window, and I saw that scene from Frankenstien where the villagers were coming for the monster with pitchforks and torches! Turns out, the first Guy to my van says "we gotta get you out of here before the cops come!" About 12 people grabbed my van, AND STOOD IT UP! now I'm idleing towards a parking lot, (as I hadn't shut off the engine) problem now is I'm still hanging half way out of the drivers window! Cousin Steve grabbed the E-Brake as we got into the lot. I finished climbing out the window the people were back in their cars and moving. taxi never did stop. I walk around to the passenger side to see the damage............Scratched hinges and a broken mirror! We were giddy with adrenalin by now and headed out to continue our trip to get some tacos. Best tacos ever!

Rodneyachance
10-02-2012, 04:20 PM
..... AND STOOD IT UP! now I'm idleing towards a parking lot, (as I hadn't shut off the engine) problem now is I'm still hanging half way out of the drivers window! Cousin Steve grabbed the E-Brake as we got into the lot. I finished climbing out the window the people were back in their cars and moving. taxi never did stop. I walk around to the passenger side to see the damage............Scratched hinges and a broken mirror! We were giddy with adrenalin by now and headed out to continue our trip to get some tacos. Best tacos ever!

Adrenalin tacos should be on the menu at EVERY Taco Bell!

Vanner68
10-02-2012, 04:32 PM
Personally, I've always wanted to do suicide doors on an early.....