PDA

View Full Version : looking for left-side rear door for 67

nogoodboyo
02-27-2001, 01:52 PM
I'm in Vancouver, BC, Canada and my searches of local junk yards has come up empty. So, I'm wondering if any of y'all have a lead on a door. It needn't be pretty, just so long as rust hasn't eaten away at it too much.
I realize that this post should maybe have been made in the parts thread, but this area seems to get more traffic.

Thanks in advance,
NOGOODBOYO.

vannman67
02-27-2001, 11:52 PM
Hey, I'm in Vancouver, Wa. There's a junk yard in Boring, Oregon about 30 minutes from here that has two 68's. I don't recall what condition the doors are in, but I'd be willing to make yet another trip out there and check them out for you. Drop me an email if you're interested and maybe I can do it as soon as this weekend.

nogoodboyo
03-02-2001, 12:47 PM
hey there vanman!
thanx for the offer-- I sent you an e-mail a couple of days ago. did you receive it?

forgive me if I'm a little anxious. I just want to get the damn van painted as it looks like **** right now.

Anyway, happy vanning!

NOGOODBOYO

vannman67
03-02-2001, 02:20 PM
Hey, I know what you mean. My van used to be about six different colors. I started restoring it last April. My wife said she didn't care what I did to it as long as I painted it ONE color. I still haven't painted it yet but like you, it's almost there. I still have a bit more work to do on my doors before the primer is sprayed on. Eventually it will be painted Patriot Blue Metallic, like the new Chrysler minivans. I get the chills just thinking about it. I'll try to hit that junk yard this weekend or Monday morning. I'll let you know as soon as I find out. By the way, I did get your e-mail.

Vannman

nogoodboyo
03-03-2001, 04:48 PM
Cheers.

I'll be painting my 67 in a lime green flake w/ some flames shooting back from the front wheel wells and lotsa pinstriping.
It's got a suped-up 350 v8 (brake stands and patch outs galore!) so I think a hotrod look is in order.
But I'm getting ahead of myself... I've obviously got to deal with the rusted bits first. So thanks for checking those doors out for me. I was a little forgetful as to which side I needed: definitely, again definitely a driver-side rear door.
So thanks again, and I look forward to hearing from you.

NOGOODBOYO.