PDA

View Full Version : DW birthday a real thanksgiving

lvjjj
11-19-2013, 10:11 AM
It's DW's (of 44 years) birthday today (63). She has located a dresser she really wants at a local thrift store. She and I love to hit all the thrift stores for her birthday. The cool thing is that we will have to take the van so we can carry the dresser home. Handy handy handy! I'm blessed, she loves the van (43 years) and insists that I do whatever is necessary to it so it can tow our travel trailer. Constant permission granted, can you say nirvana?

At thrift stores, I've scored tools for 50 cents, a good drill press for $25, a new cassette radio for $5 (I still have dozens of cassettes including some of my old bands going back to 1970's, don't like CD's they don't sound right, no blend of various instruments and vocals), new jeans for $3, new BBQ for $10, almost new top of the line weed eater for $9, many many books for about 50 cents each, a free Bible, and other things I can't remember right now.

It'll be the early's birthday on Nov. 22nd, it's the day I bought it. It's a date I'll never forget. I remember everything about looking at it, test driving it and negotiating a price of $1000 and driving it home from Seattle. Ran perfectly and gave me joy I had never experienced before. the beginning of a very long 2nd love affair (DW's got to be 1st). Every time I look out the window at it, I get this warm thankful feeling.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!

Trebor
11-19-2013, 11:44 AM
Very heartwarming, congratulations and thanks.

Optik
11-19-2013, 12:51 PM
Earlies are the PERFECT thrifting/flea market/garage sale hauling vehicle!!!!!

Dan Wilson
11-19-2013, 12:59 PM
Yes..........they are 'handi vans' lol.

smiley
11-19-2013, 01:01 PM
Thank you for sharing that, Larry.

Sometimes I wonder when the joy of looking out the window at the '66 will cease. I have photos of it while looking out the door at work and even from the 30-something-th floor of a high rise while it waited patiently in a distant parking lot.