PDA

View Full Version : AGE??

CREW CHIEF
09-06-2004, 11:54 PM
I was accused the other day of being to old to be messing with this old van, but checking out some of the pictures and post on this site alot of you guys seem to be about the same age as me (49). I was also wondering what some of you use your vans for? I know I want be using mine for the same thing I used it for when I was 20'S and single but I still like to go to a race and camp in it sometimes. Anybody got a comment on their age and van interest??

Optik
09-07-2004, 06:29 AM
i'm 30 and my van is used as an everyday regular vehicle, it goes everywhere. the reason i got it was to have a vehicle i could learn to fix myself instead of paying a shop tons of money. so far so good.
-tim

Joe Russin
09-07-2004, 07:15 AM
Crew Chief,don't feel like the Lone Ranger.
There was a post awhile back were the members gave there ages and occupations.There was alot of forty something members out there.I pesonally have owned vans since I was 18.I will be 46 in Oct.
The early I am working on now is my second one.Being the versatile vehicle that vans can be.I am planning on attending Van events,car shows,and NASCAR races with mine.......
After attending the NASCAR race in Bristol Tenn and paying $165.00 for a $50.00 room.Having another van on the road will fit our current life style.......
Oh yea, you are never too old to own a van........Wookee

[This message has been edited by Joe Russin (edited September 07, 2004).]

RipVanArkie
09-07-2004, 07:33 AM
http://www.vcvc.org/ubb/Forum1/HTML/001432.html

Here you go...

------------------
Later,
Rip
64 ChevyVan 90 window van
69 ChevyVan 108 panel

wheeler
09-07-2004, 08:56 AM
GOING BACK AND LOOKING OVER THE AGES, I GUESS I AM 'ONE' OF THE OLDEST. I'LL BE 60 IN NOVEMBER. A TRUCKER MOST OF MY LIFE. QUIT THE ROAD IN '86 AND DROVE LIMO UNTIL '95. HAD A CARPET CLEANING BUSINESS UNTIL 2000. ON SSI DISABILITY SINCE, DUE TO TOO MANY PROBLEMS TO MENTION. HAVE HAD A '76 CHEVY 108" SHOW AND GO, CARAVAN (UGH) FOR BUSINESS AND '83 CHEVY FOR SAME. USE TO DO RODS. '53 CHEVY SEDAN DELIVERY, '50 STUDEBAKER R-5 PICK UP. IN '90 A USED CAR DEALER FRIEND OF MINE FOUND MY CURRENT PROJECT, A '69 90" AND FIGURED I MIGHT GO FOR IT. THIS WILL BE MY CRUISER. HAVE HAD THE MONEY (NO TIME), NOW I HAVE ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD (NO MONEY). I JUST LIKE OLD, UNCOMMON VEHICLES THAT I THINK ARE COOL.

FAT BOY
09-14-2004, 05:59 AM
I am 62 and have a 67 cargo van.It is a daily driver and grocery getter.I drove her
to Dallas Tex three times in 03 from central
Il.
FATBOY

Tnicean
09-14-2004, 03:51 PM
We camp in our van quite a lot. I plan to completely redo another panel van I have to use for traveling in my retirement. I want to pull either an enclosed trailer for the Harley or a small "toy hauler" that I can pull behind the van. I just like driving the van. I alwsys get a lot of looks and questions about it. I have been driving a '69 Chevy Van since 1972.

65Vangoat
09-14-2004, 06:09 PM
Im a year older then my 65'and we get along just fine.