• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sambowie
    Van Addict
    • Apr 2000

rearveiw mirror

I just got a little question to ask. Where,
    to all you flatglass owners does the inside rearveiw mirror mount. On mine it has two screws that go through the windshield gasket.
    Is this correct or did my van originally come
    with windowless rear doors?
  • painterchris
    Certifiable Vanatic
    • May 2000

Hey, I had a similar situation on my 65. It seems that someone had put a rearview mirror from another vehicle into my van and drove those 2 screw thru the gasket to mount it. To the best of my knowledge, this is not OEM setup. I have a rearview mirror I snagged out of a 66 which mounts with 3 screws thru the upper frame, but they do not go thru the gasket.
    Also, just because you didn't have a rearview mirror, that does not mean your doors have been changed. My 64 has never had a rearview mirror, but I am sure that the rear doors are original and yes, they have windows.
    Later,
    Andy.

Comment

• sambowie
      Van Addict
      • Apr 2000

The reason why Im suspecting they were originally windowless is because the back windows on them dont look factory, looks like a dealer had stuck em in there, but the cuts
      are so clean , and there is no remenants of the cross brace that it might of been and
      option? Take a look at my '66 in the gallery
      you tell me.
      later

Comment

• DroolOnTap
        New Guy
        • Dec 2000

Hello
        Well As for my 65 I have a factory three screw ...
        Mine came non chrome (pot metal) and I found a chrome that was a perfect match in a 65 chev car (wish I could remember which one)
        Good luck and have fun ...
        By the way I can get a picture of mine if you like ...
        Jim

Comment

Working...
        X