PDA

View Full Version : W,t,f sorry but common

Bear
04-04-2016, 02:12 PM
open my e-mail a hour ago too see a refund from paypal from the deposit I sent the guy for the 4x4 77 van, NOW HE GOT A SOB STORY that this is wong and that's wrong with van BUT BEST PART IS HE KNOWS ABOUT THE 1977 4X4 HERE IN DETORIT C/L FOR ALL MOST 5000.00 SOMEBODY IS F-ING ME AND GETTING MORE MONEY NOW he picked the price of $1000.00 for van THOUGHTS PLEASE

Vanner68
04-04-2016, 03:51 PM
Hate to say it, but it is common. No sense it getting your stomach juices boiling. At least he sent your money back.

Bear
04-04-2016, 05:01 PM
Hate to say it, but it is common. No sense it getting your stomach juices boiling. At least he sent your money back. your right that's how I look at it WAS NOT MENT TOO BE

cruzbox
04-05-2016, 04:57 AM
That's not right! It does happen and that bothers me because it's something you would not do. It will bite him in the ass at another time. Sorry it happened to you.

Bear
04-05-2016, 06:33 AM
I have NO LUCK ON C/L THEASE DAYS it,s nothing but dishonest anymore, next time I get the BUG too buy another toy I,m going on a ROAD TRIP out west and shopping one

Vanner68
04-05-2016, 06:55 AM
That is the problem with a free service, you get what you pay for.

If a seller had to pony up $20 like in the old days, they would be more serious.

68G10
04-05-2016, 01:03 PM
Ya... You really need to be local to use CL and even then, keep your wits about ya... Trying to buy something even an hour away can really get you into trouble... You get there and they sold it out from under you, or they held it for you and it turns out that it's not as described, but they 'turned down 5 cash offers while they waited for you'... You go to get it running to put on a trailer and once it's running, they want more money... And since you're from out of town, who cares if you get pissed, they will never see you again!

Common decency and common sense are both frequently very uncommon...

-Brian

Bear
04-05-2016, 02:16 PM
next time I get a toy buying bug im going on a road trip too shop western states

68G10
04-05-2016, 04:12 PM
next time I get a toy buying bug im going on a road trip too shop western states

I live in Texas and I've got a '73 VW Thing for sale! It has a tow bar..... ;-)

-B

Wookee
04-05-2016, 05:35 PM
My youngest daughter was looking on Craigslist for a decent daily driver.
She sent me the adds so I could go look at the trucks she liked.For the most part the people did NOT answer there adds.
To me free adds equal free Butt heads......Both sellers and potential buyers.....

68G10
04-05-2016, 06:00 PM
As someone who has had four drivers including my early that all came from Craigslist, I'm not ready to give up on it!

My early was advertised as a 'daily driver' and low and behold, I was able to drive it home and continue driving it (including a round trip to El Paso and back to Austin in July) for about two years before the radiator needed re-cored and I started the restoration.

jrinaman
04-05-2016, 06:03 PM
I get about 10% response when I answer an ad! when I sell on cl, very few ever show up to get the item they agreed to purchase. most responses are to beat me down or make a trade for something useless.

Bear
04-06-2016, 11:07 AM
GOT THIS E-MAIL TODAY

Chris,

Thanks for renewing my interest in my Van. Even in as bad of shape it's in... I've decided to do a ground up restoration on it. It will cost more then she's worth, but the more I look at it with all original 4x4 mods... I just love it. I've done a "Day 2" restoration on a 1970 Javelin SST 390. I have more money in it than she's worth... but I know my work and it's freakin' awesome! (First 4 pics)

Just saw this for the first time on the 1977 Chevy 4x4 (Fourth pic). Check out these decals between the visor. You see the first decal... Do you know anything about "Doug Nash Equipment Franklin Tennessee"? Is that Pathfinder?