PDA

View Full Version : 1st & 2nd Gen Parts Resource List

smiley
07-04-2016, 12:48 PM
After making some good progress on this project a little over a year ago and then losing it in the hard drive crash, I've begun to assemble this huge chunk of information again.

I'm going to start off by listing everything I've purchased that is a direct replacement for my vans and part numbers that others have sent me. This is where you can help. Whether it's a water pump, bushing of some kind, electrical harness, etc.

What we're going to do is list the part, fitment years, manufacturer, part #, source, and most recent date of availability.

I'm organizing all this by category to make it easier to index in a spreadsheet format.

Anything that gets listed in this thread will be added.

This resource will need to be updated often, as part #s (http://www.vcvc.org/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=s) become obsolete and potential replacement sources come available. Accuracy will be the key to keeping this as the most effective tool for repairs and restorations that we are capable of. It will be the best example of how we can benefit each other with the sheer size of our community.

Myke
07-12-2016, 12:54 AM
Awesome! Can't wait to see it.

No1rascal
07-17-2016, 12:21 PM
I was looking for a replacement mirror for my swan style side view mirrors & having some trouble finding one with an offset mount like the originals. Recently I stumbled upon an ebay auction for a new one that is almost an exact duplicate of the original mirror. The ebay item # is 291793501603, here is a copy of the description: " This auction is for new original stock mirror. It fits several model Military Truck/Jeeps...M151 A1 A2, CJ2A CJ3A CJ5 CJ7 also M38 M38A1 trucks. This is a round 5" US made inside mirror. The mount on the back is off center. It is still boxed in the original packaging."

The company that sold it is called Memphis Equipment, located in Memphis TN (901-774-0600), item # on the invoice is 8841205-2540. Also in the listing it noted that there are more than 10 available.

Attached r pics of the 2 side by side. Hope this info helps.

Scott

kookykrispy
07-17-2016, 11:25 PM
really cool find.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rearview-Mirror-5-round-NOS-Jeep-Willys-CJ2A-CJ3A-CJ5-CJ7-M38-M38A1-M151-A1-A2-/291793501603?hash=item43f03f7da3:g:p3IAAOxyBvZTSEt c&vxp=mtr

I note these are US govt. military issue. The box has a military supply sticker on it, including a 13 digit NSN (NATO Stock Number)