PDA

View Full Version : not van related, kinda bummed out.......

pat69chevan
10-07-2002, 02:12 AM
hey gang, just wanted to say hi and reflect on all the good and bad we have experienced these past few weeks. first off, i want to reach out to those club members, their families, friends and neighbors who were in the midst of the hurricanes down south, i hope you are safe and well. To smiley and heather, when i first met you guys in person at branson, i was really impressed, you two are really nice people and speed is darn lucky to have you guys as parents. CONGRATS AGAIN!!!! the reason i am in kind of a sappy mood is because over the pastmonth i have kind of taken on partial responsibility of a momma cat and her kittens. the lady who owns them found homes for a few of them but there is a couple still left. i had taken a liking to two of them, both of them are orange, one long haired and one short haired. well, this evening i went to look for the long haired one and i was unable to find him, this had me worried, but i figured he was sleeping in one of my flower beds. about 9 pm the girl down the street came to my door and said she found the long haired kitten. next thing you know im looking at a 12 year old girl with tears in her eyes telling me that he got hit by a car. i dont know about the rest of you guys, but i am a true animal lover. in the past, i have rescued turtles off of highways, rescued dogs and cats, and all different types of birds that were either hurt or in danger of some kind. i even rescued a coopers hawk that eventually got released back into the wild. well, after i removed the kitten from the street, i asked the girl if she would like to help me bury him, she said yes, and i knew that she would help because she cared about him and wanted to give him a proper burial. i apologize if i sound like a big marshmallow, but i have a soft spot for animals, even the ones that could kill me! just kidding! i leave those ones alone! i took a lot of pictures recently of the kittens because i plan on using them as illustrations in a kids book that i am working on right now, and i added some of the pics to my photos page if you want to take a peek at them. http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/pat69chevan

later

pat

gregw98
10-07-2002, 11:55 PM
Pat,
Sorry about your loss. I know how much it hurts, seems so unfair for the little guy. I too, have very weak spot in my heart for all animals. I can't even watch "Animal Rescue" on the Animal Planet, cable channel. They are so helpless without our protection. I think that I am more concerned about the well being of animals, more that I am about people. I would die for my 2 cats. I had to have my last cat, Mavis, put to sleep . She was 18 years old and just worn out. I had her longer than girlfriends, cars, and houses. But whether it is a cat or dog or bird, they become a part of you and who you are. And always glad to see you when you get home, unlike some of my old girlfriends, plus they didn't give me half the crap to deal either. Oh well, that I could write a book about, but who couldn't. Hang in there Pat, it just takes a little time.
Greg

TurboVan
10-07-2002, 11:57 PM
Man, I'd be bummed out too, nothing tears me up more than having to bury a beloved pet, especially if I've had it long enough to name it and get attached to it, etc. Sorry...

TV http://www.vcvc.org/ubb/frown.gif

gregw98
10-08-2002, 09:13 AM
Pat and TV,
If you like cats and kittens, here is a great site. http://www.ratemykitten.com/?q=gallery
Greg

pat69chevan
10-08-2002, 09:54 AM
thanks guys, i appreciate your responses, it shows that vanners stick together. after the incident, i took his little brother in the house and introduced him to my other pets to see if he would work out as an addition to the family. so far he has done well. if i dont keep him, my sister might take him. overall, he will either live with me or my sister. hey greg, you and i are on the same wavelength when it comes to love for our pets. yes, most people suck and pets rule.
on my pics page is two of my dogs, babe and matisse. both of them are great dogs, but babe is my sweetheart. she minds really well, and if i was to walk from here to louisiana, she would stay by my side the whole time. she is very loyal. thanks again

later

pat