PDA

View Full Version : gave up excessive posting on Facebook

jeffnjen
09-04-2016, 02:12 PM
Hi all,
I gave up posting on Facebook a few days ago. I was getting overly obsessive with politics, and I really was becoming upset with some friends I have who are in opposition to my views. I still look at the posts, but have commented on nothing... boy is that hard. As much as I want to totally delete the Facebook program, I realize I have a lot of vanner friends, whom I have never actually met, whom I will totally lose touch with and I don't want to. There are also sites on vanning, guns, etc, other things I like which I hate to lose out on. Anyone else had a similar experience?
and P.S..... all of you bastards thats keep finding the nos mickey thompson tires, I hate you all... including you smiley... hahaha

kookykrispy
09-04-2016, 02:40 PM
I have friends on Facebook that are liberal, and friends that are conservative. Posting political stuff on FB is not going to change anyone's mind, but it will alienate you from your friends who do not agree with you. I choose to retain all my friends, and then make my political beliefs known at the ballot box on election day. My political views are nobody's business but my own anyway. Adopt this policy and you will enjoy facebook again!

jeffnjen
09-04-2016, 06:02 PM
kooky
agree 100% I think I am so frustrated over the past 8 years, I'm going over the top....

Vanner68
09-04-2016, 06:45 PM
Maybe I am the odd man out, but I can read posts from liberal friends, conservative friends, whatever, and it does not change my opinion of them. In fact, it makes me proud to be a vanner because we can have people of wildly different political ideals come together and enjoy each other's company without a fight breaking out.

van-itti
09-04-2016, 07:29 PM
Check the box.."None of the above."

EZ Cool
09-04-2016, 07:44 PM
http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a616/EZ-Cool/Now%20Son..._zpsnfph0byx.jpg (http://s1286.photobucket.com/user/EZ-Cool/media/Now%20Son..._zpsnfph0byx.jpg.html)

108VanGuy
09-05-2016, 02:08 PM
and P.S..... all of you bastards thats keep finding the nos mickey thompson tires, I hate you all... including you smiley... hahaha

Jeff, thanks for the laugh. Maybe what you need is your own neener, neener, neener!

108VanGuy...

smiley
09-05-2016, 04:16 PM
Jeff, thanks for the laugh. Maybe what you need is your own neener, neener, neener!

108VanGuy...

Yep. He can have all the neeners. Just keep away from my Mickeys.

Edoz
09-05-2016, 06:06 PM
I found that a lot of my more politcally focused friends share stuff from a handful of sources. When you see that kind of thing, you can hit the little dropdown menu and select "hide all from political site x" and it will not show up in your news feed anymore. It takes a little while to weed it all out, but now my feed is full of stuff that I actually want to see, like when one of my politi-friends takes a trip to Colorado.

Russell
09-06-2016, 12:14 AM
I don't post on FB very often but sometimes I find stuff I like.

The Martino
09-06-2016, 02:14 AM
I didnt realize how awesome those MT tires were until I started seeing the posts. Sure as hell beats my Starfire 340's!

Wookee
09-06-2016, 09:43 AM
I don't discuss politics in a bar or on facebook.
In a bar you have to deal with "Whisky Muscles"..
On facebook you have to deal with "Keyboard Muscles"
"Keyboard Muscles" is where people will type there opinion that they defiantly WILL NOT say to your face.....

Vanner68
09-06-2016, 10:17 AM
I don't discuss politics in a bar or on facebook.
In a bar you have to deal with "Whisky Muscles"..
On facebook you have to deal with "Keyboard Muscles"
"Keyboard Muscles" is where people will type there opinion that they defiantly WILL NOT say to your face.....

Well, except for me...... I tend to say what is on my mind regardless...

Wookee
09-06-2016, 01:03 PM

Gregg,you do not resemble that remark....

Leroy Jackson
09-08-2016, 01:17 AM
Has anyone read the privacy policy of Facebook?

The last time I read it ( half a decade ago??) Basically you are agreeing to allow the public use of any information / material / photos / posts...ect ect.. posted / published by you or any third party that pertains to you. You have no control over what is said / referenced about you or in how anything you post / publish / upload is used.

Whenever you use facebook... you can say bye bye to any and virtually all of your rights to privacy.

I've found facebook to be more or less attempts by others to make their lives seem more impressive. I've also found facebook to be the medium in which people hang out their dirty laundry for all to see.

Kustomizer
09-08-2016, 03:24 PM
Yeah, I unfollowed a bunch of people who thought their political/religious views, breakfast/dinner pics, greatest son/daughter pots, etc. where why I have them as a friend, not! These half truths and out right bs posts do nothing at all to change my views of things and I just got tired of always saying to myself, "really, you think this is in any way true, do a little research before you post". So I unfollowed a bunch of people and mostly just follow, bands, artist, event, and car/motorcycle/van related pages and it has been a much better place to be. I still check in on those friends to see what they are up to, but I'm no longer bombarded with this crap. Granted, I still spend too much time on that time waster, but it is much better now.

Dan Wilson
09-08-2016, 06:00 PM
I like to entertain and bring up meaningful topics, use sarcasm and biting wit to address the things I see around me. But alas I have few friends and even lower ratings.

The 'hate sites' I often see others link make me realize more than ever the division the internet has created among us. It's not often I see read actual unspun info on (pick a subject).
I miss real journalism and it saddens me that there are so much disinformation passing as news or fact passed through via FB.

And then people use it as gospel.

But let's talk about Vans eh?

Wookee
09-09-2016, 04:09 PM
But let's talk about Vans eh?

Russell
09-09-2016, 07:40 PM
Great picture!

Kustomizer
09-12-2016, 01:11 PM
That was a fun weekend!

smiley
09-12-2016, 08:02 PM
I get carried away over there and I think some people may not realize that my debates with them in no way affect how I view them, as people, as vanners.

I'd rather talk vans all the time, as I only keep vanners as Facebook "friends". However, sometimes other stuff gets in the way. I'd rather just hang out here with everyone, but it's hard to get them away from that site; for now.

kookykrispy
09-12-2016, 08:55 PM
Well, I must admit I am posting a few political things of Facebook. Just because I attended an amazing and uplifting Rally. Also, I feel this is probably the most important election of our generation. It could really bring our country back, turn things around for the better, or put us down the path to ruin that we cannot recover from.

lvjjj
09-14-2016, 09:41 AM
Well, I must admit I am posting a few political things of Facebook. Just because I attended an amazing and uplifting Rally. Also, I feel this is probably the most important election of our generation. It could really bring our country back, turn things around for the better, or put us down the path to ruin that we cannot recover from.

x2

kookykrispy
09-14-2016, 05:14 PM
Larry, did you go to the recent Rally in Everett?

Wookee
09-15-2016, 01:04 PM
I joined facebook to communicate with Vanners .
I only accept certain people as friends.
These people I actually know personalty.
I have had to unfollow a person or two.
Until I get to talk to them face to face.

I never type any thing I would not say to your face.......

lvjjj
09-15-2016, 01:28 PM
Larry, did you go to the recent Rally in Everett?

No, Ise probably in Reno.
(what rally)

Dan Wilson
09-16-2016, 12:08 AM
After much debate (with myself lol) I finally left FB just like 2 days ago. I left a few van buddies but alas they are here so there you. To be honest it was sort of hard which worries me. Am I addicted? Some see it as a hostile action but I de-friended everyone so as not to be tempted to come back. I would be surprised if any of my "friends" even notice.

Maybe I'll join Twitter and see what Trumps up to.............;)

Vanner68
09-16-2016, 09:43 AM
Been a lot of FB drama in the vanning community, it was entertaining (as in train wreck) for a while, but now it's gotten sad and old.

Wookee
09-17-2016, 06:30 PM
I have seen the police on more than one show use Facebook to keep an eye on suspected criminals.......