PDA

View Full Version : van window felts and channel molding found

tomschaner
11-18-2000, 06:12 PM
this is to all you 64-70 vanners in need of window felt and channel.i happened to talk to the guys at restoration specialties and supply inc. out of wimber,pa there # is 814 467-9842 when they were out here in indy at a car swap meet and i was finally able to get hooked up with some reproduction window felts and window channel rubber molding after showing them some 67 van samples i brought along.they had exact items with them and they really made my day.i don"t know about you guys but i've been searching hard for this stuff and feel i hit the jackpot.any how there's the info hope this helps you guys out.tom.

Vanner68
11-19-2000, 02:21 PM
They had the EXACT mouldings? Were they for another vehicle and they happened to fit or are people now taking early van stuff to swaps? Amazing.

In other news:
There is a 67 108" 6cyl 3spd near where I work for sale for $800. It is ROUGH ROUGH ROUGH. It runs well, but has NO rocker panel left, and only one of the cargo doors is maybe salvageable. It also has a roof vent in the back, and 4 odd shaped windows in the sides. Looks like someone put quarter windows from a car in there.
It is truly a pile.
This is only interesting from the standpoint of someone actually thinking they can get this much for the beast. And if you think I am exaggerating the poor condition, I didn't even mentiom the rusted roof above the windsheild, the missing dash pad and glovebox door, the 4 bald 14" tires, and the shot door hinges. Or even all the pimples all over the front clip from someone using a screw in dent puller.

Maybe earlies are making a comeback. Or maybe this guy's insane.

tomschaner
11-19-2000, 05:08 PM
unfortunately in this world some people can not always be trusted.but fortunately when i tell you that the items they sell are correct you can only take my word for it.i suggest you send them a sample of what your looking for and if it does not match as i have mentioned in my first reply then i will be more then happy to purchase your material from you so that i can install it on another van that i will be purchasing in the near future.i can't believe such ignorance.i've restored acouple of show winning chevies and believe me if im sold on it being correct it is in fact so.no false information here.just the facts.

Vanner68
11-19-2000, 07:11 PM
Cool! These things have been a long time coming. I have been through a lot a BS with aftermarket stuff that is close, so I'm used to hearing stuff like "well it's really for an '09 hupmobile, but with a little fiddling it'll fit" The norm at swaps is for sellers to tell ya what you want to hear, so it's good to hear that there is some resto parts trikling in the market.

AJAX
11-19-2000, 09:21 PM
IT WILL CERTAINLY BE INTERESTING TO MEET EVERYONE NEXT YEAR, WON'T IT!

THINKING OUTLOUD, AJAX