PDA

View Full Version : up and running

vannman67
04-21-2001, 02:08 PM
Well I've been working on my van off and on now for about a year. The engine and trans are installed and everything is plumbed and reasy to go. All I really have left to do is plug the heater hose line outlet and a couple vacuum ports on the carb, hook up a battery and run a temp fuel line from a small gas can. At this point all I want to do is get it running. I installed a universal trans mount on the 700R4. It needs a bracket welded to the frame on each side to give me the amount of drop I need. Apparently I also need to buy a TV cable setup from the transmission place that ensures proper alignment and function of the TV cable. I made a trip to a local paint shop the other day for info on paint and someone to shoot it. Found a small paint shop that will do what I want for a reasonable price. No its not MAACO. Once I get the paint on all I really have to do is install the windows and put the inside together. I'm hoping to have a running, driveable van by the end of the summer. That reminds me, anyone interested in a 1982 VW Vanagon? http://www.vcvc.org/ubb/smile.gif. I also have a line on three 68 Chevys in a local junkyard with many great parts including bumpers, doghouse lids, doors, pop out windows, master cylinder plugs, battery box lids etc... I got a bumper and battery bos lid and stock seat brackets for about fifty bucks... Anyway thats my update. Hope to post some pics soon. Happy vanning. Vannman67

tomschaner
04-21-2001, 08:33 PM
i'm still searching for a 66 van master cyl rubber floor plug would any of those vans happen to have one.if so drop me a line at tomschaner@prodigy.net.thanks tom

Yeggster
04-21-2001, 11:24 PM
Tom I had one of those plugs for sure not too long ago.........I may have tossed it though........I'll check and see tomorow it may still be in a bucket outside somwhere

Yeggster

duece
04-25-2001, 09:30 PM
Hey, local wouldn't be in North Carolina?? like Fayetteville??