PDA

View Full Version : Hello van lovers 8^)

James E. Jennings
05-05-2000, 07:49 PM
Just wanted to say hello and thanks for a great site with no stupid blind links!! I owned a 1966 Chevy panel van in high school and it was my home on wheels. I used to run an extension cord off my parents porch so I could have power for my lights, stereo, etc. I lived in that van, it was my bedroom everynight. I recently purchased a 1965 Chevy sportvan that belonged to the local vol. fire dept. it has 63,000miles. It was rusted in the rockers, and the guy I bought it from did a really lousy job on the repairs. He did however put a nice paint job on it. It runs and drives nice, but needs a little work. I hope to become a member and have it shown in your gallery along with a little info on myself. Did Chevrolet ever make a promotional model of a 64-66 van? I collect toys and would love sometype of chevyvan toy to add to my collection. You guys should set up your page with music and have the song Chevyvan playing while people browse. Anyone know where I can get replacement popout window frames? Thanks again for such a great site and I will be joining your club soon. James E. Jennings aka "Rick"

smiley
05-08-2000, 11:25 PM
hey rick, that's a great story about living out of the van. i wish i had one to do that with when i was a kid.

i've seen no promo models of the '64-'66s, but i do know of someone who recently picked up a '67 chevy van promo coin bank. also, there's the lindberg model #8, the "mini-lindy". it's a '67 as well, and about the size of the hot wheels cars.

thanks for the praise on our website too!

don't have any leads on the popout frames, but i'll keep an eye out.

JD
05-09-2000, 02:00 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by James E. Jennings:
Just wanted to say hello and thanks for a great site with no stupid blind links!! I owned a 1966 Chevy panel van in high school and it was my home on wheels. I used to run an extension cord off my parents porch so I could have power for my lights, stereo, etc. I lived in that van, it was my bedroom everynight. I recently purchased a 1965 Chevy sportvan that belonged to the local vol. fire dept. it has 63,000miles. It was rusted in the rockers, and the guy I bought it from did a really lousy job on the repairs. He did however put a nice paint job on it. It runs and drives nice, but needs a little work. I hope to become a member and have it shown in your gallery along with a little info on myself. Did Chevrolet ever make a promotional model of a 64-66 van? I collect toys and would love sometype of chevyvan toy to add to my collection. You guys should set up your page with music and have the song Chevyvan playing while people browse. Anyone know where I can get replacement popout window frames? Thanks again for such a great site and I will be joining your club soon. James E. Jennings aka "Rick" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

HEY RICK..DO YOU KNOW IF 67 POPOUTS WOULD BE THE SAME?? I MIGHT HAVE A COUPLE IN MY STORAGE FROM A 67 I PARTED OUT.....JD