PDA

View Full Version : Rolled 66 update

Yeggster
02-08-2001, 08:54 AM
Well I finally figure out after 4 body shops that no-one is going to fix my van for me.

No problem I will fix it myself......windshield and gastkey I have located Ajax has a door and maybe a section of roof I can use.

I have all the stuff I just have never worked on colision repair much......I have doen TONS of rust out repair......from what I hear most pros prefer colision repair to rust out?

Maybe if I can do the repairs cheaply enough I can use some of the cash I save to go towards my gear vendors overdrive I need http://www.vcvc.org/ubb/smile.gif

painterchris
02-08-2001, 01:24 PM
Hey, how much is that gear vendors unit going to cost anyway? I know where you could get a fully rebuilt original GM 3-speed plus overdrive for $900. But, if you ar running a high torque motor, it might not hold up.
Later,
Andy.

Yeggster
02-09-2001, 12:16 AM
The Gear Vendors costs about $2200 US

So it's kind of wish list thing for me........fact is though it would probably pay for itself in two or three years in gas and "wear & tear" saveings.

I tow a bit with the van (the 4:56 rear really help out in that department) and I run it around town at over 6000 lbs.....I doublt a stock overdive tranny would hold up for long and a really built up one would not be much less than the gear vendors

Also it the gear vendors turns the TH350 tranny into an automatic 6 speed......

ahhhh someday!

Vanner68
02-19-2001, 04:24 PM
Hey, Yeg- how far are you from Detroit? In a one mile radius from my house there are three body shops that will repair an early if you have the parts. I checked around looking for someone to repair my rusted out windshield frame. A long shot in Canada is a guy named Ivan Benic in Windsor area, He used to do a lot of murals and custom work in the 70's and 80's, I hear he's getting his 8 wheel custom Chevy ready for show again. I think he still has his shop, some of you may remember his van "Cosmic Cruiser".

Yeggster
02-19-2001, 10:54 PM
I had about given up on getting a body shop..........my made me get on the phone again and I found a guy who is going to do it.

I was kind of "on the fence" still thinking about the cash I could save doing it myself..........but decied to take it in......

I have an apointment this week to bring it in and I just picked up a good door for the drivers side from AJAX on the weekend.

Thanx for the info though..........the problem I had here is the guys would like to fix it but not in the winter when they have so much easy high paying work on new car fender benders.

Vanner68
02-20-2001, 03:44 PM
Cool- main thing is that you get it on the road again! http://www.vcvc.org/ubb/wink.gif