PDA

View Full Version : i thought i was the only one

campervanner
08-08-2004, 08:05 AM
so i spent my summer in duluth minnesota and by the stares, laughs, compliments and confused auto parts workers i thought i had the only earlie in town. then people said they saw me but did i get my van painted? or, i thought you had windows on both sides? hmmmmm another van? then it happened we were both crossing the landmark lift bridge in opposite directions, we both stopped an started shouting nice van till everyone started honking. i met up with the owner the next day and holy#### i do not now if i have seen anything like it. it honestly is brand new. 69 108 withwindows on all four cargo doors, 3spd. all interior is mint and shiny, speedometer needle is bright orange not faded yellow, am push button radio, seats no rips, dash perfect, floor mat is not onnly solid but its not even dirty, gasket on engine is still on, no rubbing from key chain on the dash, all interior paint is perfect and matches the exterior. i could not believe it and it has 17,000 miles. yes thats right he bought it 4 years ago at 15,000 from fort wayne iowa. no the other interesting thing is this guy has stuff to and a lot of it. every want ad and phone number of a van for sale in the states as far back as 1994. i think i recognized some of the vans here from when they were for sale years ago. photos of vans in driveways, parking lots, newspaper clips. he has letters from vanners from all over, mo. or. fl. conn. etc. origanal parts catalogs for gm service techs. phone numbers of vans in junkyards in arizona and others. tons more i didnt have time to see. the best part, he has heard of the vcvc, he has an old print out with the web address. he does not have a computer or know how to use one, he thinks he has a friend that could show him the website. i am going to try and get some pics and post them cuz you guys and girls(ellisinthehotseat) have got to see this. oh yah there is one more in duluth(he's got pics) has only been out of the garage once since 1973. 68 108 sport van deluxe with factory a/c ,and that thing is big, owned by the airforce.

------------------
bob larson
69 camper

smudgeck
08-12-2004, 11:44 AM
Its nice to know that there are still a few mint ones out there.

------------------
Peace!
Cris cristofery@cs.com
1967 Camper Van (http://groups.msn.com/vintagechevyvanclub2/2003northwestrally.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=2895)

LuckyChucky
08-12-2004, 09:45 PM
I thought that my 66 SportsVan with 67,000 miles was the find of the century. Get some pictures for sure if you can.

"Lucky"Chucky

campervanner
08-13-2004, 06:31 PM
i tried to get photos this week but to busy. ill be back up in duluth next week and try then. he also has the production numbers for the gmc vans ithink.

------------------
bob larson
69 camper