PDA

View Full Version : solid 66 van

tomschaner
01-14-2001, 02:27 PM
just got back from my 1300 mile trip to nebraska.(cheated a little flew out and drove a ryder truck back)but still a heck of a road trip.anyhow found the van on e-bay with a little help from one of you(ajax)and one things for sure this van is virtually rust free.i had real doubts as to its condition till i pulled up in the driveway.going to try to get her up and running and restore it as i go.instead of a full teardown which i'm doing on the 67.i was looking for parts and i wound up with a van in way better shape then the one i started out with.man i'm stoked.later tom

AJAX
01-14-2001, 07:15 PM
GLAD IT WORKED OUT OK. NOW THE WORK STARTS,EH!

tomschaner
01-15-2001, 05:45 PM
thanks for the tip ajax and you are correct plenty of work ahead of me but not even a half of the work i had on the 67 which i'm still far from completing.this was a heck of a trip on short notice but when your real hungry for a nice solid van to start off with at a fair price.outside of changing the front windshield gasket,putting in a new motor(which i all ready have one built up and ready to drop in)and a little here and theres this baby"s ready to roll as is with no shame whatsoever.like i say its solid,its cool and shes in my hands.in other words she's been rescued from a life of run down and now back in the upswing mode.the life all these baby's with the right owner should have to endure another 30 years of proud use.