PDA

View Full Version : gauge dash assy

tomschaner
11-12-2000, 05:44 PM
does anybody know how rare a factory gauge setup is on these early vans?i did come across one in a wrecking yard but unfortunately it been sitting in the elements for many years and i doubt its worth saving.i have never seen this option listed in any literature on these vans and was wondering if anyone out there in van world got a setup in there ride.i'd love to trash the idiot lights and go with a gauge setup.lights usually tell you a problem exists when your out in the middle of no where.aftermarket gauges and big holes in the dash just don"t turn me on.

solid side 65
11-12-2000, 06:20 PM
what year was the van in question? if it was a 64-66 with a five gauge panel, i may know.

tomschaner
11-13-2000, 04:08 PM
the van year in question is a 1967 van.

Vanner68
11-13-2000, 04:20 PM
A friend of mine has a 69 Sportvan with the guage package. It's the only one I've ever seen and I almost bought the van just for the guages. But $900 was a bit steep for just a guage setup.....

On my 69, I cut out the center circle where the brake warning light is and put a tach in there. It fools a lot of people. I also made a volt- temp- oil mini gage panel fit in the stock radio location. the radio was in an overhead console.

nagant
11-13-2000, 06:09 PM
last year i tried to buy a 67 108 that had a chrome glove box door and steering collum/ shifter bracket. door pannels were chrome too. it had guages also, now in madison wis last i heard

------------------

JD
12-08-2000, 01:49 AM
My 69 has the guage package and I agree with you..They call them "IDIOT" light for a reason..You may want to get that set you saw.
Even if they need work..........."Year One"
specializes in 60-70's car parts can repair any guages according to the guy I talked to last week. I was looking for an amp guage for a 66 Imperial and he said they could "Rebuild" it..I think you can find them at www.yearone.com (http://www.yearone.com) I have an extra instrument cluster with the guage package but I am not sure that it works.....Later............JD

[This message has been edited by JD (edited December 08, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by JD (edited December 08, 2000).]

68chevyboy
12-08-2000, 08:25 PM
i found out that 63 chevy nova clusters look exactly like the one in my van . even the casing and trim . it looks like it would bolt right in. in super chevy mag. they have a set of custom digital ones for a 63 nova for 550$. im going to buy a cluster for mine.

[This message has been edited by 68chevyboy (edited December 08, 2000).]

AJAX
12-10-2000, 10:56 PM
THIS IS GOOD NEWS! DO WE KNOW FOR SURE THAT IT IS A BOLT IN?
AJAX

68chevyboy
12-12-2000, 02:15 PM
no, but if any of us knew where they could borrow or buy a guage set out of a 63 nova for cheap we could find out for sure.

Vanner68
12-12-2000, 04:42 PM
While searching around in a local boneyard for door glass for my 87 Chevy(got my stereo, the bastards!) I ran across a Chevy stepvan, ex bread truck. The instrument cluster is identical to the 67-70 cluster. It even has gages! I'm not sure what the model year of the stepvan is, but given the attrition rate around Detroit it's probably mid 80's. I'm grabbin it this weekend, gotta get the yard to nail down a price!

greyfoxmc
12-14-2000, 09:34 AM
Hi to all, was surfin` this morning and found some nos stuff in the "new arrival" section of www.automobilearchives.com (http://www.automobilearchives.com) for `64 and up vans including amp gauges...Mike