PDA

View Full Version : The 66 is BACK!!!!!!!! Finally!

Yeggster
04-07-2001, 08:06 AM
The 66 is BACK!!!!!!!! Finally!

After rolling the 66 months ago now I finanlly got it back from the body all spruced up and all the big dents gone.

It's been a little slow around here for work so i basicly just had them do the colision repair and patch the rusty doors.......it's all in grey primer now.

I've been fixing up a bunch of other stuff that got damaged or was worn out.....like adding another rear spring leaf, new shocks and mounting bolts all way round up to there is all done

I still have to do......new plugs and wires.....chrome dress up kit for the 350 (welcome home present for the van http://www.vcvc.org/ubb/smile.gif ....I ordered a pair of flow masters have to pick them up today......some tail light socket.......and lasty my brand new windshield gasket and the glass too needs to go in......should have it all ready to go in a week or so!

Yeggster

AJAX
04-07-2001, 01:40 PM
GLAD TO HERE YOU GOT IT BACK. ARE YOU GOING TO PAINT IT YELLOW AGAIN OR IS A NEW COLOUR ON THE WAY?

Yeggster
04-08-2001, 10:49 PM
I don't think I'll go with the yellow......but can't decide on a colour.

I want to pait in under the windshiled gasket this week to.....so I have to decide.......I'm thinking on of three........a bright GM red......plain fleet white......or just Tremclad something so it's easy to touch up

Any sugestions??

Yeggster

sambowie
04-08-2001, 11:09 PM
Fleet white with accented grill to make it stand out.

Scott
04-23-2001, 07:01 PM
Bright red can be pretty easy to touch up if you don't clear coat. White can be difficult to touch up if you don't do more than 4 coats. Usually 4-8 coats of anycolor will touch up very well with just a buffer and compound.

As long as you don't clear coat...

Scott