PDA

View Full Version : Moving in High Gear

gregw98
01-25-2007, 11:56 PM
Got up this morning and started paneling and insulating my van, walls and floor. Finished it up this afternoon. It really helped that I kept the muddy paneling that was in it, used them for templates for the new paneling. Last week I painted the complete floor, front and rear with brush on Rustoleum. Before that I wire wheeled and wire brushed the comple interior. Even painted the backside of the dash. Reworked the dash cluster to a white face and installed a new wiring harness. Cleaned and repainted the gas tank. Almost ready for the engine and tranny, but I really need to get started on the rusty roof, the flood eat almost all of the new paint off of it. Anyway, I have been busy chipping away on the van, still have a ways to go but I am making some headway.
greg

groovyman1968
01-26-2007, 03:17 AM
SOunds like fun. I began re-insulating my 108 van and am planning on sanding the floor, and using that spray in ( I use a brush ) black bedliner stuff. Provides a solid coat, and looks great. Especially on the floor of driver and passenger where floormats would have to be cut to accomadate the steering shaft. Will have pics soon. Keith

------------------
1968 "108", and a 1968 Shortie, both no windows, both I6.

fustkarr
01-26-2007, 05:51 AM
A little trick i stumbled on: when your finishing up the paint on the floor, have a throw-away roller handy, keep runnin' it back and forth over the paint as it gets tacky and it will leave a "dimple-ee" surface finish. Doesn't look like spray on but it does look uniform, no brush marks. Looks kinda like some kinda spray on finish with a special nozzle.
Goodluk, Randy

BZ
01-26-2007, 06:01 AM
http://www.cotelind.com/

SAVAGE
01-26-2007, 07:29 AM
Greg, Sounds like your makeing up for all the time you lost. Heck you'll have it back on the road by summer. Great News. Let us know if you need some parts. Tom