PDA

View Full Version : CHEVY VAN PARTS???? MICHIGAN??

Rayoc68
09-15-2000, 08:28 AM
Hello everyone. I am in dire need of a place that has performance parts for my straight 6. I been to cliffordperformance, but I cant find headers for my straight 6. If you know they have them, could you give me a part #?

So if anyone knows of any other performance parts places, please let me know, Thanks!

Also if there is anyone from Michigan who has a Vintage Chevy Van.....please email me at raycon57@aol.com

Thanks.

smiley
09-15-2000, 01:07 PM
From what I've been able to gather, both Hooker and Hedman manufacture headers for our vans. I'd also venture to guess that any other header manufacturer will also.

By the way, check eBayMotors. Recently, I've seen several sets of brand new 230 and 250 headers like the ones you are looking for, and they've gone pretty cheap.

68chevyboy
09-17-2000, 07:21 PM
hey, my dad is big into his straight six in his amc, andd he claims cliffordperformance sells some kind of header kit. i'll check it out for you. van on.

66Jim
09-27-2000, 11:33 PM
I checked clifford for my 66 sportvan for intake and exhaust headers. They got 'em. Bad news is that they are pricey. I figure by the time you put on headers, redo the exhaust, put on the new carb, and all of the etc. you'll be in it for about a grand. I have a 4 bolt main 350 and a 283 that I could probably put in cheaper, but here's the link so you can check it out. You have to have adobe acrobat to look at the catalogue. http://www.cliffordperformance.com/catalog.htm (Tuned up my 230 today with "genuine gm parts" It's a purring like a kitten.) Now if I could just figure out why I can't get the left brake light to work? grrrr.

Vanner68
09-28-2000, 06:09 PM
Hey 66Jim, check the ground on that socket! They usually lose the ground contact to the housing. take a jumper from the brass of the bulb to a good boy ground and see if it lights. If it does, solder the socket to the taillight housing.

66Jim
09-29-2000, 01:47 AM
This header discussion is timely. I discovered several cracks (repairable) on my 66 sportvan today. The gasket between the intake and exhaust is shot too. Gaskets will cost about 10 bucks so here we go... to '68, took my van to a REAL electrical guy, and the problem was in the column wiring harness. He showed me (unofficially) how to bypass the blinker so I can pass inspection. Got home and the darned thing worked! I'm pretty sure it's possessed. Anybody have a line on stock exhaust? Does a 250 exhaust work? By the way, Smiley, the schematics couldn't be more timely. Thanks so much for putting them up. I AM going to keep this beast out of the junkyard!!!