PDA

View Full Version : Poundage

solid side 65
04-21-2001, 09:43 PM
It was a nice spring day here. I just put in fresh plugs and wanted to run out my present tank of gas. I came upon an unmanned state highway truck scales and remembered that someone here had asked about the weight of these vans, I believe it was Pro Street. The scales read in 50-LB increments, I had about a ľ tank of fuel (24-gal tank) and a full 5 gal can in the back. My van is a 65 no door, itís in the gallery, 327, TH400, 12 bolt rear, two bucket seats, full interior minus carpet and no driver or passengers.

Total 3650 LB
Front 2000
Rear 1650
RF 1000
LF 1000
RR 850
LR 800

Yeggster
04-21-2001, 11:22 PM
Thats a light wieght http://www.vcvc.org/ubb/smile.gif

I had mine on the scales last fall....with no cargo (lots of equipment though) and was just over 6000 pounds!

I got a BIG load of Sackrete concrete mix at home depot in the winter (just before I rolled it) and it was over 2000 pounds.....so I know i've had the old baby over 4 tons!

It had lots of leaves added though and a 1 ton real axle

Yeggster

solid side 65
04-22-2001, 01:43 AM
Of course it a lightweight, itís a no door! Four less hinges, three less door handles, less lock assemblies, regulators and of course the doors, even more poundage with windows....lol.

I donít recall how many bags of ready mix Iíve carried, I know I had most of the floor covered and two deep over the axle. Once I carried some 20í 2x6ís, out the back door with a little red flag, hoping no one ran into me.

I really enjoyed my drive today, great weather, and great country highway through the farms and small towns. The guys at the biker bar gave me the thumbs up and I even had a red Viper couple that wanted to play. He followed me out of town, I sped up to about 60 he pulled along side, I slowly floored it and I saw him shift. I was surprised I could stay up with him for as long as I did,...........about three feet.