PDA

View Full Version : Hot scoop on a new feature film!!!

andrewj
08-04-2000, 01:32 PM
Somebody just called me up, asking about my '68 Chev 108 Deluxe that's for sale here in Vancouver, BC ... Turns out he's a movie car wrangler, looking for a boogie van for a new feature film - Josie & The *****cats!! Unfortunately he needed a no-window, can you imagine my disappointment (and you could hear his) - man, to have seen my van in a movie, damn. The thing is - he's still looking I think, AND he was uncertain about which van to choose - he'd even checked out a 78 Ford or something totally wrong. SO, if anyone has a nice no-window, preferably in the Pacific Northwest I suppose - you should give this guy a shout at longrider_productions@telus.net - let's get a chevy in that movie. I can hardly wait to see those gals hauling around in their *****mobile, yeah..! Also, just about to post a pic of my van in the gallery, so check it out, it's pretty nice i think. Take it easy... Andrew

painterchris
08-06-2000, 11:24 AM
Well, I don't know if he is willing to buy a Pennsylvania car, but I know a guy here who has a REALLY nice 69 108" cargo van. It was restored about 10 years ago. It has custom black and gold paint, rallye wheels, v-8, th-350 tranny, etc. It is fully customized inside. This truck is immaculate. It has one single flaw: there is arust spot on the one corner of the windshield where the auto glass place chipped the paint a few years ago replacing the windshield. The owner is a mechanic and the van is in tip-top shape. He doesn't really want to sell it, but he rarely drives it anymore and his wife is nagging him about it. He's asking about $4000 for the van, but he will probably go lower because his wife is really on his case. Anyway, if the car-buyer would be interested, I could get the phone number.
Later,
Andy.

Flaming_Moe
08-06-2000, 11:47 AM
Hey Man did u tell him to check out this site to see the vans??

andrewj
08-06-2000, 12:01 PM
Hey Moe, that's a solid idea, glad YOU thought of it! - so i'll pass it on right now... Andrew

smiley
08-14-2000, 05:56 PM
I just got an email from Rich Linkel, who's '66 Chevy was the February feature in the VCVC2000 calender. Well, he'd been looking to sell it for some time and the following is what he had to say.

"Smiley,

Well, the quest to sell my van to a suitable owner has finally paid off. On August 9th I received an e-mail from a Fred Stephens of Longrider Production Services. He was inquiring as to the status of my 66 Chevy Van still being for sale, which, by the way, he found in the VCVC web site. He is a locator of vehicles for TV and movies, and was looking for a Chevy Van between the years of 1965 and 1967 for the filming of a movie called "Josie and the *****cats". It is based on a cartoon about an all girl band that was popular around the early 70s about the same time as Scooby Do. He drove down from Victoria British Columbia on Vancouver Island Canada, where they are filming the movie. He handed me a check from Universal Studios for $2500 and the option to buy it back when they were done at a significantly lower price.($640) The filming is scheduled to finish around November and be released sometime this coming Spring. Fred said he would stay in touch and send me photos through my e-mail as the movie progresses. I'll forward them to you as I get them so everyone in VCVC can see it as well. So let everyone know one of our vans will be in a major motion picture this Spring."

Well, that's that! I'd like to thank Andrew and Austin for their efforts in pushing Fred to check our site for a van to use in the movie. Congratulations to you and Rich! If you want to see the van, but don't have the VCVC2000 calender, it's located here: www.vcvc.org/l66r.html (http://www.vcvc.org/l66r.html)

[This message has been edited by smiley (edited August 15, 2000).]

Rich Van Linkel
08-18-2000, 09:20 PM
Smiley, and VCVC members,

Thanks for pointing Fred in our direction. Imagine my surprise when he approched me. I'm sure each of you would have been equally pleased with being able to have your van in a motion picture. I only hope it will do us Vintage Van lovers proud when the movie comes out. Fred explained to me some of the details concerning the van in the movie. First he says they are going to paint it with Leopard spots and "Josie and the Pussycats" on the sides, and add some side pipes as well. He told me it will be in about 4 scenes. One of it parked out front of their house, one of the girls loading their band equipment into the van, another of one of those babes sitting in the driver seat, and unfortunatley, one of them pushing it down a road. I will most likley exercise my option to buy it back after the film is done and either keep it in storage except for when the Fair Parades and car shows come around, or I may sell it again, I just haven't decided.

I found a very nice 71 Chevy Panel Van with new paint, Enkie wheels, fat tires, chrome bumpers and grille, and a perfect bone stock interior. I bought it for $1500 and it comes with another good 350 V8 and a roll of black carpet to do the insides and replace the bad 350 that is currently in it. I know it's too new for the VCVC site, but I wanted to share it with you guys any way. I plan on using it as my daily driver and hauler for my 66 Show van Project "Reserrection".Thanks again to all the VCVC members and visitors for helping fellow vanners keep these vans alive.

As for the Vintage Chevy show, I'm all for it. How about Nebraska? I have relatives there who have huge farm sites. We could do it about the same time as Stugis and all cruise up there together. Wouldn't that be an awsom site to see a string of Vintage chevy vans and Harleys cruising along together?

End of the month Smiley, I'll try to have those VCVC T-shirt designs to ya.

Later on,

Rich Van Linkel