PDA

View Full Version : Looking for this 65 van

Pazuzu
03-11-2007, 10:51 PM
It is a 65 van chopped top also with a vista cruiser top and it was painted black and it said PAZUZU on the side with a big green dragon 427 BBC powered was a centerfold between 80-82 I think it was street machine magazine, but unsure. Last I heard it might have been painted green and was around eastern Indiana or Ohio. Any information would be apprsciated.
Thanks

SAVAGE
03-12-2007, 07:07 AM
Welcome, To another Indiana vaner, They both sound like SWEET Vans. You have any pic of either vans?? Tom

Rich Van Linkel
03-12-2007, 07:06 PM
Welcome to the club, hopefully someone will know where your Dad's van might be. I'm a West coast vanner, so not likely I would ever see it. But I do remember seeing pictures of it in my old vanning magazines, the name caught my eye and jolted my memory. It was a very cool, very radical, looking ride from what I remember. Good luck finding her again.
Rich

Pazuzu
03-12-2007, 11:16 PM
Thanks for the reply. The pictures I have are pretty old, but I will try to get some together and post some how. I am going to FL to race my NHRA superstock cavalier at the Gatornationls this week. When I get back I will post some pictures.

dooler66
03-13-2007, 12:19 AM
hello sorry i do not know where your van is .....but i am wondering your profile says you are from columbus indiana is that in the southern part if so i do have a van that was bought there in 66 it belonged to a construction company called king construction i have the original protector plate and owners manual

Pazuzu
03-13-2007, 01:55 AM
Columbus is 45 miles south of Indy. Is your van in good shape? Would like to see some pictures sometime.

gotavan
03-13-2007, 02:55 AM
I have an old magazine with 2 pics of it. I always wondered what happened to it.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v652/gotavan/pazuzu.jpg

------------------
gotavan Dan
vannin since 1970

planetvear
03-13-2007, 06:14 AM
those doug thorley show tubes look like motorcycle exhaust! neat looking piece though.

Joe Russin
03-13-2007, 07:26 AM
There was a shortened chopped and unfortunatly striped Early that came up on Ebay a a while back.......

I hope that was not this van........

........Wookee

planetvear
03-13-2007, 10:54 AM
hey wookee, wasn't the van you're talking about from an old cover/article in truckin magazine. if it is the same one i am thinking about, it originally had the twin small block setup. it later showed up on ebay with no floor and shortened by one side door width. if that is the van you are talking about, i don't think it is the same one. john

Gregg Johnson
03-13-2007, 05:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pazuzu:
Thanks for the reply. The pictures I have are pretty old, but I will try to get some together and post some how. I am going to FL to race my NHRA superstock cavalier at the Gatornationls this week. When I get back I will post some pictures.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Let's see....NHRA Cavalier... Columbus,In....lookin for Jim Setsers old Chevy Van? You must be Dave'Os Racin buddy.I was just 20 years old when Setser built Pazuza.Sold him my 1150 Holley,and a nice set of ladder bars.Would be great to see Setsers old van is still kickin.I sold mine last year on epay.Still think of that old van alot.
Gregg http://groups.msn.com/vintagechevyvanclub2/65forsale.msnw

64vanatic
03-13-2007, 05:50 PM
The van that Wookee is talking about just got listed in our local Rag. It is in Fairmount IN now. I think they wanted 1000 bucks for it. It was listed in the IN/OH auto and RV.

Joe Russin
03-13-2007, 06:51 PM
planetyear ,No this one was a different one.
Tom Chandler was talking about bidding on it and turning it to a lawn ornament.

.........Wookee

Pazuzu
03-19-2007, 12:07 AM
Would you tel me what magazine that is in (month, date) so I can try and find one. That picture was taken after it was sold the first time. There is a earlier magazine with a big spread of it. Anyone knoe that one?

gotavan
03-19-2007, 04:16 PM
I was wrong there is only one picture in that magazine, I may have another with the 2 picture article some where here.. Truckin magazine July 1981. nice article on making metal flares. The van was at Carl Caspers custom auto show in Louisville, KY
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v652/gotavan/trucmag.jpg

------------------
gotavan Dan
vannin since 1970

planetvear
03-19-2007, 05:00 PM
that is a great shot of a florida alien on the cover. she looks similar to some of the aliens up here. i wonder if we're related ?

SAVAGE
03-19-2007, 05:01 PM
Hey Dan is that "Stack's" there talking about in your other pic below???