PDA

View Full Version : Yet another new Person

Geopro
09-02-2004, 11:26 PM
Hi All
My name is George Procyshyn, I'm from Parma Ohio (Cleveland) and came across this fine site. I have a '64 Chevy Van. Actually I've had it for several years, just waiting to get projects out of the way. Well the projects are falling by the wayside and I'll be able to spend much more time with my '64 ..... soon.

You guys have some VERY well done vans here and should be, hell I KNOW you are quite proud of what you've done. I've got only to look at the pictures posted here to get all excited about my van project.

I'm in need of either a new master cylinder or a rebuild kit. What can I use that works? Anyone know of a source?

Hope I don't make too much of a pest of myself. If anyone of you are in the Cleveland Ohio area stop by any day and I'll buy you lunch.

------------------
George P.
64 Chevy Van Project

gregw98
09-03-2004, 12:38 AM
Geo, welcome. No way can you be a pest here. You can get the master cylinder at AutoZone, they had mine in stock. If I can remember, it was under 20 bucks. I see that you have already joined our sister site, VCVC2, 1000's of great pics there, huh. We use that site mainly for pics and this one for posting messages. Also check out the SEARCH section at the upper right of each page, there are answers for every aspect of these vans there. But don't be afraid to ask questions. Great bunch of people here, you'll like it.
greg

novatattoo
09-03-2004, 10:38 AM
George, Welcome! Be careful of that lunch offer. I live just south of you in Canton. I sold my '65 Sportvan in the spring but still hang out here.

Later,Bill

------------------
64 Chevy Pick up, 66 Nova wagon, and collector of motor oil cans. CoolCustomCD.com (http://www.coolcustomcd.com)
Bill

Dan Wilson
09-03-2004, 11:06 AM
If you include airfare, I can be there tomorrow! Seriously though, welcome and pest away......

Scooterwash
09-03-2004, 11:10 AM
Hey Bill,
I've got this glass jar with a screw on lid/spout/funnel type thing. Also have an oil can with a handle, and a spout that looks to hold about a pint and has some lettering etc from Maytag....
Also have an oil can that is the kind you tip upside down and the bottom is flexible, so you push on the bottom and that pumps out the oil.....That one has INTERNATIONAL HARVESTER stamped in the can part of it...
What can you tell me??
Thanks,
Scott

Flatwindow
09-03-2004, 10:28 PM
Hey George I live in Olmsted Falls just down the road from you I just bought a master cylinder from advanced for about $20.00 and they also had in stock if you want give me a call at 440-263-5114 and maybe we can hook up sometime soon talk to you later Jay

tinlizard
09-04-2004, 12:07 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Scooterwash:
Hey Bill,
I've got this glass jar with a screw on lid/spout/funnel type thing. Also have an oil can with a handle, and a spout that looks to hold about a pint and has some lettering etc from Maytag....
Also have an oil can that is the kind you tip upside down and the bottom is flexible, so you push on the bottom and that pumps out the oil.....That one has INTERNATIONAL HARVESTER stamped in the can part of it...
What can you tell me??
Thanks,
Scott<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Scott
I can tell you I want that IH oil can. What's it gonna take?
tb

Scooterwash
09-04-2004, 09:49 AM
Sorry, I was nappin'.
Make me an offer on the can.
The Maytag one is actually a fuel mixing can.It says the maytag company, Newton Iowa, USA on it, and on the back it has fuel/oil mixing instructions..Might have to ebay it, just don't know much about the ebay thing.
Scott

novatattoo
09-04-2004, 08:01 PM
Scott, The glass jar is probably from the 20s or 30s (just a guess with no pic.) These where used at station wherethey had bulk oil in a drum or container. When the customer needed a qt of oil they just filled the jar and dispensed it into the car and reused the jar again and again. Some companies had they're logo on them while there were some generic bottles.
The Maytag I'm not sure about. I know that in the 20s and 30s they had some gas powered washing machines. I think the machines are kinda rare so I would guess your item would be too.

Hope this kinda helps.
Bill

------------------
64 Chevy Pick up, 66 Nova wagon, and collector of motor oil cans. CoolCustomCD.com (http://www.coolcustomcd.com)
Bill

Scooterwash
09-04-2004, 08:41 PM
Yes, I have seen the old washer motors. They had a kick start if you can believe it!
The glass jar thing is about a quart, like you say, and says "The Master MFG CO, Litchfield ILL. Patd. Sept. 14, 1926 on the screw cap/funnel part. I work at a garbage transfer station and make some pretty cool finds from time to time...Have lots of cool old stuff.
Anybody want a six pack of St Urho Beer?

wheeler
09-04-2004, 10:35 PM
THOSE BOTTLES WERE STILL IN USE IN THE SIXTIES. STATIONS SOLD RE-REFINED OIL OUT OF THEM. (YOU DIDN'T GET TO KEEP THE BOTTLE EITHER)

Scooterwash
09-04-2004, 10:41 PM
Cool. Maybe not so rare, but pretty cool lookin.
How's the weather??? We're watching TWC and in some spots it looks badddd

gregw98
09-05-2004, 12:38 AM
I remember Billups and Hudson gas stations selling re-refined oil in glass bottles, in early 70s.
greg

[This message has been edited by gregw98 (edited September 05, 2004).]

Scooterwash
09-05-2004, 12:41 AM
Wow, I've never even heard of those brands...Being born and raised on the Minnesota/Canada border we missed alot
Scooter

wheeler
09-05-2004, 11:58 PM
HEY SCOOTER-- THANKS FOR ASKING. WE ARE EXPECTED TO GET THE WORST OF FRANCES TONIGHT AND TOMORROW MORNING DOWN HERE. SO FAR NOT BAD AT ALL. (NO DAMAGE TO EARLY). AS FAR AS THOSE RE-REFINED OIL BOTTLES, I'M ORIGINALLY FROM THE MILWAUKEE, WISCONSIN AREA AND WE HAD PLENTY OF THEM, BACK THEN.

Scooterwash
09-06-2004, 10:51 AM
Wheeler,
If you're from beer town, tell me about this bottle.
It is very light green and says miller-milwalkee where the neck meets the body.
then on the base, it says registered.
Scooter
Seeing pics of the storm now ,looks like you maybe got luckier than some.

wheeler
09-06-2004, 10:33 PM
SCOOTER,
I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT A GREEN BOTTLE. IS IT IN THE MODERN SHAPE, OR DOES IT LOOK REAL OLD? THE WORDS MILLER-MILWAUKEE AT LEAST TELLS ME IT IS POSSIBLY FROM THE MILLER BREWING CO., MILWAUKEE PLANT. BY THE WAY, I'VE BEEN DOWN HERE FOR OVER TWENY YEARS.

Scooterwash
09-06-2004, 10:44 PM
Looks real old...I gotta get on this ebay thing.
Scooter

wheeler
09-06-2004, 10:48 PM
TO ANYONE WHO KNOWS ME, THIS IS GOING TO BE HARD TO BELIEVE, BUT, THAT BOTTLE IS PROBABLY WAY BEFORE MY TIME.