PDA

View Full Version : Won't you be my Neighbor?

gregw98
06-08-2008, 11:40 PM
I wish you guys would move south and be my neighbors. I have the most inept people in the world living around me. I spend 12 to 16 hours a day in my garage. I have a satellite dish, fans, places to sit and about any tool you could ever want. It also has 3 full size rollup doors that give plenty of Gulf Breeze. Even have a fireplace for those cold winter days. My neighbors think I live in there. No A/C, or I would. The neighbors walk over, just stand there and scratch the ass and watch me. They all act like they would break a nail or get a grease spot on their finger if I asked to help me with something (something I rarely ever do). Most of the people my age are jealous of me (so they say) because I am single and can stay out there "til the cows come home", but none them seem to have any interest in cars or anything else for that matter. I would like to start a subdivision with only car nuts, a little Auto-Village. A place where everyone could work together helping each other and share ideas. It doesn't have to be just vans, it must be Chevy powered though.
Okay, heres the deal, I have 10 acres (paid for, no charge for rent) that we can all move to, we can keep a half acre for parts vans, everyone help themselves. It has a 1/2 acre stocked pond, so we can eat fish. There are wild hogs, turkey, deer, rabbits, squirrels and possums, so we don't get hungry. Burger King and McD's is 14 miles away. I am ready to be around people that have a common interest, an interest other than watching a neighbor work.
greg

xjamesx
06-08-2008, 11:55 PM
greg, now you say it, after i just spend a bunch of $ on 40 acres here in colorado. it would be awesome to get some like minded people together though thats for sure. good luck with your quest.
i want the same thing out here but my wife will kill me if i give away her acres that she plans to collect a lot of animals on. i have plans for at least an acre of old cars....
james

69GMC
06-09-2008, 12:33 AM
Sounds great, how far to the dragstrips??

Headstone
06-09-2008, 12:56 AM
tempting.... very tempting...

[This message has been edited by Headstone (edited June 09, 2008).]

fustkarr
06-09-2008, 09:58 AM
Sounds good to me..how fer toda twisties?..Now if i can just get my company to pay me to go away.
Randy

van-itti
06-09-2008, 10:04 AM
It can work...ever heard of a commune??
How about a Sect or a CULT??

Some guy named Charlie had one here or something....

Codysdad6221
06-09-2008, 07:06 PM
Greg

You might be on to something here. They have a ****load of Air park comunities in the southwest. My buddy lives in one just outside of Phoenix. The street signs are about 2 1/2 feet tall and every house has a hanger as well as a garage and of course the comunity airport.

Warlock
06-09-2008, 10:32 PM
Greg, that is a tempting offer and I feel your pain, when I work on my van,the neighbors stare and act like I am an alien, whisper between themselves that, that is something a white boy does. What the f@%k does color have to do with it? If you're a car, van or motorcycle nut, that is what you are,and the only place that color has to do with it is what color the paint job is. I am so sick of small minded people that impede creativity in others because of their innept capabilities that I have already decided that when I retire, I'm going to move so far into the boonies that I will have a special pump just for sunlight.

gregw98
06-09-2008, 11:06 PM
I do take pride in the fact that a group of 11 and 12 year old boys in my neighborhood have taken an interest in fixing their bikes. Most have never seen, touched, or heard of a 9/16 wrench or socket. Didn't know flathead from a Phillips. But now they know where my tools are and how to use them. Kind of gives me the feeling of what a Father must feel like, kind of warm and fuzzy feeling inside. Now if I could just teach them where the tools go after you use them. Out in the grass is not an option. They are enjoying learning about fixing things as much as I am enjoying watching their attempts of trying. Hopefully, they will grow up and remember the old man across the street that gave them a chance to learn a little common sense.
greg

xjamesx
06-10-2008, 12:10 AM
greg, lets hope that playstation or xbox didnt wipe all that from their memory as soon as they got home....
james

TurboVan
06-10-2008, 12:19 AM
[Q that is something a white boy does. .[/B][/QUOTE]

And what do the non-white boyz do?
They bolt on 24 inch wheels and an overpowered stereo system and call it customized (thanks, MTV).
At least the asian boys can actually work on their engines (if you want to call a fart cannon, a chip, and a blowoff valve "work").

planetvear
06-10-2008, 06:01 AM
warlock, lots of people look at me like i'm an alien, you just get used to it.
i see a name for the "new" commune. we can call it VCVC, the vintage chevy van commune!
we would have to build hurricane proof garages though.

[This message has been edited by planetvear (edited June 10, 2008).]

Wookee
06-10-2008, 07:21 AM
I am the type of neighbor that they made community assosiations to keep out.......LOL

I love rumblring though the neibhor hood in low gear letting the Flow Master twins talk Smack.
There are a couple of other "Car Guys" in the hood.
I am the only vanner.

..........Wookee

------------------

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m199/wookeesvan/backinblack.jpg
Its a "van thing" A life style you have to live to understand!!!!

gregw98
06-10-2008, 08:01 AM
Yep TV, we all have them. There is a guy that cruises around in a 88 Caprice with the windows down in the Southern summer heat. Nice paint job, but he has 24s on the corners with what looks 25 profile tires. His wheel/tire combo looks like a rubberband on a biscuit. This car sits higher than my Toyota 4x4. He has that
CRap music thumping and blasting so freaking loud that the chrome on his truck is rattling. If the dumbass needs attention and isn't getting enough, may I suggest try attaching a dildo to your forehead, if you want people to notice you. I like to think that I am a reasonable guy, but some things do get under my skin, generally a lack of respect for others, who may choose to not want to hear that garbage. Phewww!!!, I feel better now.
greg

planetvear
06-11-2008, 05:53 AM
don't make me start with neighbors! my neighbors across the street (about 500 feet) and beside me (again about 500 feet through the woods) have every gasoline-powered device known to man. don't get me wrong, i like gasoline powered things, it's just that they sit there and rev the motors for hours on end. they even sometimes move the thing they are revving, but rarely does it leave the property. they remind me of cavemen who have discovered a drum and keep beating it. greg, give me an address that i can ship my stuff to. i am almost ready to snap. john