PDA

View Full Version : ATTENTION DAN WILSON !!!! BELLY PAN!!!

pat69chevan
07-30-2002, 12:44 PM
HEY DAN, I FOUND THE COOLEST SALVAGE YARD EVER!!!! THE OWNER STATED HE HAD OVER 3500 CARS AND ABOUT 80 PERCENT OF THEM ARE 1970 AND OLDER. I FOUND 3 VANS AND ON THE GREEN GMC IS A BELLY PAN. IT IS A LITTLE ROUGH BUT CAN BE REPAIRED. IT HAS ALL OF ITS FINS AND THE OWNER WANTS 25 BUCKS FOR IT, I ASKED HIM IF HE COULD TAKE IT OFF, HE SAID YES AT NO EXTRA CHARGE. DOES THE BELLY PANS FIT ALL OF THE YEARS? THE VAN IS A 67 AND YOU DRIVE A 65.....HMMMM???? LET ME KNOW IF YOU WANT ME TO GET IT, I GOT NO PROBLEM RUNNING BACK DOWN THERE, COLLEGE DOESNT START FOR ANOTHER MONTH SO I GOT TIME TO KILL. YOU WILL SEE THE BELLY PAN IN THE PICS, I TOOK ABOUT SIX PICS OF IT. http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/pat69chevan

LATER

PAT

gregw98
07-30-2002, 05:34 PM
Pat, A couple of comments and questions. Is that your 50's Chevy pickup and the single trumpet air horn can't be very loud. And on your engine pic---what is the little hose on the upper radiator tube/hose. I think we talked about this before, but I forgot. That salvagge yard looks like a goldmine, what a find.
Greg

leadfoot
07-30-2002, 06:29 PM
sorry but i think I found the coolest junkyard around HEHE--(they are all good) http://briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/starspangledvan/lst?&.dir=/junkyard+pics&.src=bc&.view=t&.begin=1&.order=&.done=http%3a//briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/starspangledvan/lst%3f%26.dir=/junkyar d%2bpics%26.src=bc%26.view=t
always keepers in the old yards
this yard has been pretty much closed up for a bunch of years-(but got a hook with a relative of the owner)
VAN~ON

pat69chevan
07-30-2002, 11:42 PM
hey gang, to answer your questions, i will start with your questions greg, i wish that chevy truck was mine, it is a sweet custom resto job that the owner of the salvage yard is working on. the salvage yard is part of a resto shop. the truck has got a vette engine and everthing is frenched in. the tail lights are thin smooth LED strips and the dash is smoothed out and the instruments are digital. i asked them if they plan on showing it at some car shows and the owner told me that the truck is going is going to oregon with its owner and it is going to the nationals this year. i asked them if they have done a lot of restorations for customers and the broke out a buttload of pictures of classic cars that they did in the past that have won awards at the nationals and even made it in magazines. looking at the work done on the truck, these guys are top notch!!! my mom has got her 48 chevy and now she knows where to get parts from. it was a fun day to look at all the classic cars.

dan, the belly pan needs some TLC, but is very much repairable. no big holes, no cut away fins, and a couple small bends. the owner said that he would remove the pan for me and have it ready to go for the total of 25 bucks. the pics on my yahoo page speak for themselves. check it the pics and let me know.

later

pat

gregw98
07-31-2002, 12:03 AM
The little hose Pat, the little hose!!!
Greg

pat69chevan
07-31-2002, 01:24 AM
sorry greg, i thought you were talking about that truck in the current pics, i didnt know that you were talking about my wonderful 350 which runs like a dream!!!! sorry, back to the question, the hose is connected to a thick steel pipe that goes to my thermostat housing and the other end of the hose goes to the container that sits on top of the radiator, i am not sure what the technical term is for it, i call it the overflow reservoir with the radiator filler cap, correct me if i am wrong. both my 67 and my 69 both had that steel pipe and i still got the pipe from my 67 when i stripped it down. i hope that answers your question, sorry about the confusion.

later

pat

tomschaner
07-31-2002, 08:54 AM
you may want to check out e bay item #1847104667.guys selling a 64-66 chevy van belly pan for $20.first time i've seen one for sale on e bay.

gregw98
07-31-2002, 10:07 AM
I was talking about your van. And the Chevy pickup ------well I guess I would haul it out of there if he just want to get rid of it. LOL
Greg

pat69chevan
08-01-2002, 06:30 PM
hey dan, no problem, i plan on heading down to pick it up soon and when i got time i will package it up and have it weighed for shipping price. i am figuring out how much it will cost to send it even if you dont want it. catch you later and have fun atthe rally.

pat