PDA

View Full Version : Woodward Dream Cruise 2002

andrewschevelle
08-19-2002, 10:27 PM
Just got back from Detroit from the 8th annual Woodward Dream cruise on Aug 17, what a show. I thought all I was going to see was hotrods and musclecars, but wow i couldn't believe what I saw.All that and more, some guy even had a hopped up garbage truck, custom bicycles, custom trucks,stationwagons,hell even saw a corvair van(green and white).There was even a 64-66 chev red in colour from some plumbing place.I have 2 pics of a yellow 64 Chevy panel sitting up pretty high,chrome bumpers, dual exhaust,I think it had a pretty healthy v8,sounded pretty good,was cruisin up past me in my chevelle.Had Michigan tags.Was anyone else there?????let me know and maybe we can swap stories and pics...AC

Vanner68
08-25-2002, 09:35 PM
I was there too, Mobil station at 13/Woodward with my 71 VW Bug. (The early's not quite ready yet). I live about 10 miles from Woodward, Detroit is definitely the cruise capital, with several cruise in spots every night of the week! I saw a cool Corvan with a light to dark purple fade paint job...one of my friends showed up with a 67 Chevelle he had just bought the day before- it was perfect! He spent about a year looking for a good one, and he got it at a good price too.
Woodward has to be seen to be believed, hard to beat it for gearhead overload!

andrewschevelle
10-08-2002, 03:22 PM
Planning on going next year.Is anyone else planning on being there.With any luck I might even have my 64 there.Maybe a bunch of us could hook up there???????Please let me know...Thanks AC...(Andrew).

Vanner68
10-09-2002, 04:03 PM
Some friends of mine have a prime spot at 13/Woodward, We park free, others pay ($5 or so) but if you move it, you may lose it...we secured the spot by making a deal with the gas station owner to clean up his property after the cruise. Anyway, that's where I'll be, I had the 71 Bug this year, the earlies are still a bit rough- but next year, who knows?

andrewschevelle
10-09-2002, 06:37 PM
One of our local car clubs was parked there at 13 also they are the Back Alley Cruisers.I missed them this year as they told me the wrong side of the street.But I won't miss them next time.If you see a blue chevelle with Ontario plate MR CHVL thats me...Otherwise I might have my early(I doubt it) done in time...AC http://www.vcvc.org/ubb/biggrin.gif

Vanner68
10-13-2002, 12:45 PM
I'll keep an eye out for ya!