PDA

View Full Version : early econ exp.

sambowie
10-06-2000, 05:08 PM
Did anyone see the circuit city comercial with the orange windowless 90 inch wheelbase
econoline. It was great just to see that kind of exposure of one of the old fleet vans from the sixties. Wished it could of been an a square lined chevy. I would have stayed up all night trying to record that.

If you want to see it try ESPN.

later

pat69chevan
10-09-2000, 11:14 AM
no i didnt see it, but if you have taco bell commercials on your tv, there was a 60's model chevy van in the commercial, it was the one when the guy at the drive thru dropped a taco bell bag and the little rat dog said "thanks friend" and then you see the back of the van as it drives off. also if you have seen the movie "forest gump" there was a part in the movie when forest was talking to jenny after he saw her in the crowd of the war protestors, you know the part when she walked through the water below the wash. monument. afterwards in the movie, she was getting on a bus to leave and for a split second, the camera turns and their it was, a blue and white chevy van, 67-69, i think, my buddy pointed it out to me and i didnt see it until i looked for it.

check it out

pat

sambowie
10-09-2000, 11:54 AM
yeah I seen that comercial, it just doesnt
give the van a lot of air time, the circuit city one shows the van numerous times,and I just seen a one with a corvair van.

smiley
10-09-2000, 01:04 PM
I've got the pics from the Taco Bell commercials here: www.vcvc.org/taco.html (http://www.vcvc.org/taco.html)

That Circuit City commercial is really cool. Lots of different camera angles on the van!

There's another page featuring vans in movies here: www.vcvc.org/film.html (http://www.vcvc.org/film.html)

MoonJoe
10-09-2000, 09:56 PM
I just saw one tonite with a Dodge( I think) window van that's pretty cool. It has to do with compaq computers. I saw it while watching the football game. It was a sixties pale green. Kinda nice..

Vanner68
10-12-2000, 06:48 PM
And don't forget Kelso's Dodge on That 70's Show......

68chevyboy
10-13-2000, 07:03 PM
on married with children, they were in a salon, and there it sat, beaming in its glory all across the window, a 68 chevy van. also,today on some show, a guy dug a 70 econoline out the mighty mississip. you know what that means... im getting my scuba gear!

pat69chevan
10-16-2000, 12:40 PM
so i guess no one saw the one on forrest gump i am upset!!! HAHAHAHA! just kidding, i got an idea, why dont we all get together and make our own version of easy rider, we can call it "easy wider" smiley can play peter fonda's part and vanner68 can play dennis hopper's part. we all can get our vans together and drive from town to town raising a little h**l, what do you think? i picked wider because the vans are so wide. GENIUS!! DON'T YOU THINK??

PAT

AJAX
10-16-2000, 02:33 PM
HOW MANY CAUGHT THE OLD FORD VAN IN RELIC HUNTER ON THE WEEKEND, IN THE MIDDLE OF THE JUNGLE SOMEWHERE?

pat69chevan
10-16-2000, 02:51 PM
i didnt see it, but whatsherface sure is hot, you know, the chick from wayne's world, i cant remember her name.

oh well?

pat

pat69chevan
11-01-2000, 08:16 AM
hey ajax, you were talking about that old ford in relic hunter, it made me think about what i saw the other day. i was walking through a salvage yard and near the corner was an old dodge van. to be completely honest i am a true blue chevy man, dont get me wrong i like the old mustangs, cuda, gto, etc. but to own, ill take chevy!!!! sorry, back to my story. this old dodge van was two toned, yellow on the top and bottom, white in the middle. it was neat looking, but i wouldnt own it.

pat

Vanner68
11-01-2000, 08:41 PM
Back to the movie idea fer a moment......I'm quite sure we all know what else goes by the name easy wider....or E-Z wider.....knida fits anyway.

sambowie
03-10-2001, 06:50 PM
Everybody heard of Roto-Rooter right? I was watching the tv and they were making fun of the competition, They were cruel, they had a guy in a clown suit, with a '66 chevy van in the back drop. RED primered with two medium sized bay windows, and it was on tv for about
5 seconds.