• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 68chevyboy
    Van Addict
    • May 2000

save our classics

lately ive been noticing a lot of disturbing things. i hear things like gas stations have programs that take a percentage out of each sale in an effort to destroy classic cars. demo derbies happen everyday, the population of tree huggin' hippies is constantly growing,and gas prices are going up. EPA laws are getting tougher, and there are political leaders who have said that the combustion engine will cause the demise of mankind,[i wont say which because i dont want to start a political war.] i see and hear of perfectly good cars going to the crusher. i saved my van from the jaws of a crusher. yeah, not all cars can be saved, and we just have to let some go. spread the word. im just reminding everyone that our classics are threatened and becoming rarer. just remember, our hobby can be destroyed, maybe sooner, maybe later if we dont try. i will try my hardest to help save our hobby, and i hope others will too. thanks to all who have already realized this and took action and thank you. im not trying to complain, whine, make people mad or whatever, im just trying to spread the word and this was the first place i thought of, so thank you guys, and van on
  • yote
    Van Addict
    • Apr 2000

hey puppy vanner,..good subject,and i very much agree with you,as well as other collector car clubs im in,california has a "crusher bill" but, enough people fought it and it has failed to pass twice in the last two years..so keep the energy flowing in that direction and most important "keep on vannin" later...yote
    1966 chevy short van
    1965 chevelle.
    1968 camaro
    1983 chevy van
    2004 hummer

Comment

• 68chevyboy
      Van Addict
      • May 2000

im very glad to see that there are still other people out there that are willing to take action to save our classics.

Comment

• Vanner68
        VCVC Charter Member
        • May 2000

They'll get my Early when they pry it from my cold, dead fingers! On second thought, I'll will it to my kid, so they won't even get it then!
        Gregg Groff

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

1968 Chevy G20 108 panel Now with 454 power!

1965 Chevy G10 panel- OHC Pontiac inline 6

Comment

• 68chevyboy
          Van Addict
          • May 2000

very cool man. they would probably have to do the same with me too man. van on.

Comment

Working...
          X