PDA

View Full Version : 64 CHEVY

64CHEVYPANEL
04-02-2001, 10:04 AM
A FRIEND IS SELLING HIS 64 CHEVY PANEL VAN AND THIS MACHINE IS IN EXCELLENT CONDITION! I BELIEVE THERE IS 70,000 MILES ON IT, NO RUST, NEW PAINT,ENGINE IS STRONG AND CLEAN, AND THERE ARE EXTRA ORIGINAL PARTS LIKE THE FACTORY RIMS. ANYONE HAVE AN IDEA ON THE PRICE RANGE THIS MIGHT BE WORTH?

smiley
04-02-2001, 12:59 PM
Fixing a value on these vans are a hard thing to do. For the most part, the market is still soft since they're virtually ignored by most collectors. However, you can never tell once you add an early van nut to the mix. That '64 in the wrong place at the wrong time may not get any looks at $2000, but at the right place at the right time, some early van nut like me may brag that they stole it for $2000.

If you have a photo, I can post it for you on the site and see if it gets any bites. Without seeing it and hearing/reading a thorough description, I'd hate to put a number to it. As a quick guess, if it's really as nice as it sounds, I think $2000 would be the lowest I'd ask.

Vanner68
04-02-2001, 07:03 PM
If it has no side cargo doors, It's worth even more!

ahighdiver
04-02-2001, 08:00 PM
A agree with Smiley, I paid 2000 for my stock 65 and some people look at me like I'm crazy. But that is what I'd say is a good starting price for a turn key early with no modifications. It sounds like a fine specimen too.

tonye66
04-02-2001, 09:31 PM
Hey all, I bought my original '66 sportvan deluxe with everything working including the windshield washer for.........get this..........$400!!!! that is really a steal! Some people that have the same love for the van in my neighborhood that I do tell me I suck. The only things wrong with it are the rusty rockers (it originally came from arizona but it migrated to Wisconsin where it sat in a field for3 years. sheesh) and it was owned by a cocky 18 year old know- it-all who put in his "system" (stereo) and he broke the horn ring.

Tony

(no pun intended to its previous owner if he is watching)

64CHEVYPANEL
04-06-2001, 09:45 AM
THANKS FOR THE INFO. DEFINATELY INTERESTED IN POSTING THIS EARLY FOR SALE ON THIS SITE. IM HAVING PROBLEMS WITH SENDING PICTURES ON MY PC AND WOULD LIKE ANY HELP I CAN ON POSTING THIS CHEVY. ANY IDEAS??

smiley
04-06-2001, 12:47 PM
Hey 64ChevyPanel,

If you are having trouble emailing the photos, just drop them in the mail with the info for your ad, I'll scan the photos, and get them back to you.