PDA

View Full Version : Here's something to consider for Charlotte Auto Fair April 7-10.........

BZ
11-01-2004, 07:23 PM
This my last attempt at getting some interest generated.....

Here's something to consider for Charlotte Auto Fair April 7-10.........
Each person/van (or other vehicle) rents a vendor space in the Red Field which is just outside the track in the rear. Each space rents for $55.00 for the entire event (if we reserve before 11-15), each month after that, the price increases by $5.00...for this price you get a 10X20 space, on which you can camp, no hook ups or facilities...but they do have porta johns available for rent. We would have our own porta john that we would keep locked and use as a group (each person contributes) ....also the $55.00 includes admission for "two" people to everything at the track....plus one vehicle pass into the outside areas of the event (we may be able to fanagle a way to get inside with the vans....Leadfoot) and you would be able to bring some items to sell while we are there.
I am still planning on getting a camp spot across the street, in addition to a vendor spot so we would have another place to gather and use the shower facilities....think about it, but the sooner we act, the sooner we can be assured of getting adjoining vendor spaces closer to the track.....BTW; I think the porta john rents for about $100.00 for the entire event. I need to know ASAP to reserve spaces and or camper space. I can do it all.....just send the money!!
------------------
Thanks, Ben
BZ,RZ & Cujo @ N.C. 66&69 ChevyVan

------------------
Thanks, Ben

Flatwindow
11-01-2004, 09:37 PM
I'll let you know tomorrow I'll talk to the wife to see if shes interested if nit I'll ask a buddy of mine about going we were just talking about it the other day it's about a 9 hr drive for me not to bad plus theres alot of stuff to do in the area like I said in the other post I was just down there for the nascar race and had a great time plus I have an aunt and grandmother that live in Mooresville so I could stop and see them also let you know tomorrow Jay

leadfoot
11-01-2004, 11:48 PM
i am interested, but not planning on doing much if any vending next season
gas last trip down there was around 300 bucks round trip,plus eats,adventures and drinks..a few treats from the parts guys
and i'm catchin a tail wind home
i got my mits in alot here with the magazine, and a pile of ideas i plan to unleash on my van this winter
too soon for me to say i do BZ,but count on me attending in any aspect ,just would like to get inside and show some stuff ya know http://www.vcvc.org/ubb/wink.gif
Van iN & Van oN

Tnicean
11-02-2004, 02:54 AM
Hi BZ,
I am interested in coming, but I don't think I want a vendor spot. Just the campground. Should we reserve a spot in the campground now?
Tnicean

Flatwindow
11-02-2004, 12:52 PM
hey BZ how much are the camping spots and are they across from the main entrance to the track and are you aloud to bring golf carts to cruise around on and one more thing are there places to park a car trailer/hauler thanks Jay

leadfoot
11-02-2004, 02:48 PM
BZ is that 55 a day or for the whole event?
...10X20 ..we could get 2 vans per space
just a thought ..but thats tight quarters
to be parkin together-and also only allows 2 people per space and one vehicle so i guess that won't work
i wonder can we find out which corvair club
is going to be there..maybe we can crash their
camp for an afternoon
Van iN & Van oN

[This message has been edited by leadfoot (edited November 02, 2004).]

BZ
11-03-2004, 07:20 AM
Sorry been away from the computer for a couple of days.....

OK, let me try answering everyones question's........
Tnicean: thanks for getting back to me...
I would say that we will need to make reservations shortly for April for the campground...the sooner we do it we can try and get some choice spots...looking forward to seeing you.

Flatwindow: I believe they are somewhere between $20-$25 (campground site) per night, but you can get two vans on a spot easy....I will check last years posts or you can, price is discussed in there. NO golfcarts are allowed in the event, they do allow the little three wheeled carts (for handicapped), yes there are places to park a car hauler.

Leadfoot: $55.00 for the whole event, thats the point i was trying to make in my first post...., this is the way to go because you get a parking pass, admissiom for two to the event.....think about it....two vans per spot would not work..not enough room...one van per spot ...plus you can sell some junk and help finance the trip..(gems and such) this is definitely the way to go as far as cost goes.... I will put you in touch with the Corvair Club and let you handle that part of it ....

let me know guys...I know it is a ways for some of you to come, but it is centrally located and is a great venue for a Evant....
Van In, Van On...yadayadayada........

------------------
Thanks, Ben

BZ
11-03-2004, 07:27 AM
Heres more info....http://www.charlotte-autofair.com/

BZ
11-03-2004, 03:47 PM
bump

------------------
Thanks, Ben

BZ
11-05-2004, 06:00 AM
So far the following people have committed to vendor spots...
BZ
VanGoat
Leadfoot
I will be sending money for these three spots by the 15th of this month, after that the price goes up $5.00 per month and finally tops out at $85.00..

camping spots
BZ
Tnicean
The price on these spots is $20.00 per day and will remain the same, no real hurry to committ ...

------------------
Thanks, Ben

BZ
11-07-2004, 06:40 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BZ:
BZ
VanGoat
Leadfoot
I will be sending money for these three spots by the 15th of this month, after that the price goes up $5.00 per month and finally tops out at $85.00..

camping spots
BZ
Tnicean
The price on these spots is $20.00 per day and will remain the same, no real hurry to committ ...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Add "Wildave" to the camping list....looks like we will have great turnout.

65Vangoat
11-14-2004, 10:07 AM
Hey all, Im about 10 miles from the track and have plenty of room at the house to park and camp. If needed someone can easily use my spot at the track and I'll just drive back and forth. This will be a great time for all. Ive got your back BZ.

DA Goat

BZ
11-14-2004, 04:00 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BZ:

Originally posted by BZ:
BZ
VanGoat
Leadfoot

camping spots
BZ
Tnicean

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Add "Wildave" to the camping list....looks like we will have great turnout.

Add "Skidmark" to vendor area.....looking good!!!!!!!!!

------------------
Thanks, Ben

65Vangoat
11-23-2004, 04:42 AM
BZ, are you setting up a booth at the show?

Goat

BZ
11-23-2004, 06:27 AM
Yes, I plan on selling some junk.....

------------------
Thanks, Ben