PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice/info

Kevin Ray Platt
03-08-2001, 02:33 PM
HI. I just bought a '65 chevy van in excellent condition cosmetically and fair condition mechanically... Basically I could drive it everyday with few problems. Almost everything is original, Motor has been rebuilt at least once, more than likely twice. Where is the best place to get parts on-line, catalog, etc.
I was suprised to see such a following for these vehicles. I hope to be in Branson later this month.
I'm a converted '62 Ford Econoline Truck owner so be gentle.

Vanner68
03-08-2001, 06:12 PM
Just post what you need on the B.B.- someone is bound to have it.

A surprising amount of mechanical parts are available at your local NAPA store.

Ross
03-08-2001, 07:50 PM
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SNIP<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
I'm a converted '62 Ford Econoline Truck owner so be gentle. [/B][/QUOTE]
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SNIP<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Hey Kevin,
First, welcolme. I, myself, have two vehicles that I have always wanted. One is my 65 Chevy van. The second is my 67 Jeepster convertible. (No Corvettes for me!)
I have found bulletin boards for each. I'm in heaven.
Second, do the 1st generation Ford vans all have the dog house that bolts, rather than is welded, to the floor? And if so, what do you think the chances are that one might fit in your 65 Chevy Van? Did the Econolines, Falcon vans ever have a V8 come from the factory in those vans? Do you like the Ford dog house or the Chevy dog house better.
Thanks a lot.
Ross in Boulder Colorado
Jeep69CJ5@Juno.com

painterchris
03-08-2001, 09:10 PM
Hey, just some info...
All of the 3 american make vans eventually came with v-8s. I think Dodge introduced the V-8 in their van in 1965. Dodge also went the biggest: you could get a 360 from the factory. Chevy, as we all know, introduced the small-block V-8 in their van in 67. I think ford offered the 302 in the same year. Iknow that the Econolines did come with 302's in the final years.
Later,
Andy.

Kevin Ray Platt
03-09-2001, 09:04 PM
Ross... Ford did eventually do the 302 in their Econo Vans... can't remember the year. What I have seen (friends/fanantics) and What I did myself was put in a 289. Excellent results. My '62 Ford had a welded box. I prefer the Chevy's so far. More room to work around the sides and the door opens up higher than the Ford without unbolting the hinge. The doghouse would probably fit, the only problem would be width, but with the right seats it should work. Thanks.
Jester

------------------
JESTER S. BLUFF

tonye66
03-15-2001, 03:23 PM
If you need engine and assorted chassis parts, try www.kanter.com. (http://www.kanter.com.) they have a catalog full of parts that may or may not apply to our vans.