PDA

View Full Version : lets talk front end

vanogre
11-16-2001, 08:11 PM
tie rods tierod ends etc,. how hard are these items to procure? also has anybody seen a good setup for protecting these parts?
what experience does anyone have to offer in upgrades mustang 2 etc.? please write back soon.

Scott
11-16-2001, 09:09 PM
I'm sure Moog produces what you need.
Why are you looking to protect them?
What are you protecting them from?

------------------
Spread power with words" - Asian Dub Foundation

leadfoot
11-16-2001, 11:31 PM
pothole monsters are the arch rival
of all front end parts so beware
also i got to add ::asking a ford question
on a chevy site mmmmmmmmmm well i do know there commercial said "ford had a better idea" still tring to figure out ~better idea about what?~ haha anyway i'd say jack up the radiator cap on your ford and park a chevy under it (if the dam cap fits) lol keep vann'n * leadfoot

painterchris
11-17-2001, 11:11 AM
Tie rod ends can be a hassle to get because most of the chain stores (Advance, AutoZone, etc.) will tell you that the tie rod ends for the early vans are the same as the impalas from the same year. This is not true. I finally got mine at an independent parts store run by an old timer who knew that they weren't the same AND he had them in stock!
LAter,
Andy.

Vanner68
11-17-2001, 05:21 PM
Here's what I do when I need hard parts for the mechanicl aspects of my van:
I head to the nearest NAPA dealer that's been around for 25 yrs or so. They'll usually know how to read a book well enough to get the right parts. Once I find such a place, I keep going back. In my area, it's a place called Fergan's, 9 Mile and Gratiot area, They never let me down.
I'll go to the chain stores for the generic "look good" stuff and trim, you know, the stuff that doesn't exist for our vans as NOS so you have to adopt adapt improve.....

ahighdiver
11-17-2001, 08:21 PM
Andy; Hey man, please post those part numbers so I can put them in my reference.
Highdiver

vanogre
11-17-2001, 09:40 PM
please see dog house forum.