PDA

View Full Version : Rebuild blues

Rich Van Linkel
05-19-2000, 05:41 AM
I have owned my 66 for 16 years and have made alot of improvements and modifications. I have run the full circle of emotions with this van. From wanting to drop a match in the gas tank, to proudly displaying it in the VCVC gallery and VCVC 2000 calendar. But, I've grown weary of trying to find parts to restore and customize my dream machine. So, I've decided to put her up for sale and look for a 72-77 Chevy van. Better brakes, better handling, and easier to find parts for both restoration and customizing. Don't be too hard on me for this decision, I still have another 66 panel and a 65 sport van I use for parts.

Long live Chevy vans

------------------

68chevyboy
05-27-2000, 08:17 PM
dont do it if you dont have to. giving up is exactly what destroys old cars, trucks and vans. try selling it to some ne who will take care of it.

Rich Van Linkel
05-29-2000, 07:30 PM
Okay, so are you going to buy it? I won't sell it to anyone who isn't going to be a true blue Vintage Van owner. Thats why I put this notice on the VCVC bulletin board. Come on guys this van has had all the hard stuff done, all thats left is your personal touch in the interiour and paint.

Later.

------------------

68chevyboy
05-31-2000, 12:17 PM
sorry bout that. i look at my writing sometimes and think, why did i write that?
im just used to seeing perfectly good vehicles go to waste. even though yours is not going to waste.