PDA

View Full Version : 66 No Door

ahighdiver
04-08-2001, 09:01 AM
So I went to the junk yard yesterday and dropped a 100 bucks for mirrors, headlight rings, tail light lenses, a window winder knob and the nozzles for windshield washers.
I paid more that I wanted to but this is the only parts van I've found in northern California. And with gas at two bucks a gallon it cost even more.. I still need replacement glass for the mirrors though.
By the way, there were a couple of 60 fleetside chevy pick ups and they had the trim around the tail lights. And they were in great shape but when I got to looking at them I decided that they wouldn't fit. Then when I got home and looked at the van It looks like they will fit. Can anyone confirm this?
David.

yote
04-08-2001, 11:24 PM
david,i also heard that they would fit so i bought repops, and found out they were a bit too large...by 1/4 .so...dont waste your money.....yote

------------------
66 chevy van,69 z-11 camaro pace car,97 camaro pace car

ahighdiver
04-08-2001, 11:33 PM
Thanks Yote;
It's always a drag to score goodies to put on and then they don't fit.
I have seen them on the 64-66 models though.
They add a nice touch.

smiley
04-09-2001, 08:30 AM
You may want to bring one of your lenses next time you go to that yard. The original bezels should fit as they were all the same, but the repros are different (too big). I found out the hard way too.

The original bezels have holes that line up with the holes in the lens. The repros are buckets that the whole light assembly sits in.

ahighdiver
04-09-2001, 08:52 AM
Then the ones in great shape were repros cuase they were held in by the original bucket. But I remember that the hole in the truck seemed bigger. I should have messured. I feel that the fit issue is where it fits into the body. I bought the lenses out of them and they fit my van.

[This message has been edited by ahighdiver (edited April 09, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by ahighdiver (edited April 09, 2001).]

MoonJoe
04-16-2001, 11:36 AM
Hey Highdiver, Did the vans you found up north have original seats or bumpers? I have a 64 and like you I'm finding it hard to locate any parts vans.....Thanks, Joe.

ahighdiver
04-16-2001, 06:27 PM
Hey..Joe;
It has bumpers but no seats. I think the front is clean and the rear needs streightining.

MoonJoe
04-16-2001, 07:56 PM
Thanks Highdive, while I'm bugging ya can you get me the name and or number of the place? I'd like to see about getting the front bumper sent down. Thanks, Joe.

tonye66
04-16-2001, 08:11 PM
If the rear bumper is fixible and complete with brackets, I would like to get my hands on it. The only problem is that I live in Chicago. I would like to get a bumper for the rear so if anyone knows of a Junkyard with earlies near the windy city, Help.

Thanks,

Tony